Menu
Moodie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

slow broadband

Can anyone tell me why is my broadband speed has become so slow over the past month or so? I'm meant to be on 100 Mbps but get nowhere near. Lucky to get between 6 - 15 Mbps Download and 3.5 - 7 Mbps Upload with a return ping of 12. Have tried wired and wireless connections with no real difference in speed.

Thanks Folks

0 Kudos
GailN123
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow broadband

It's been the same here (area 20),checked the service status ,no known issues.I'm lucky to get 2mbps at peak times,also the 100mbps package.I've been told it's high usage in the area but i doubt that would warrant such a huge drop in speed. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow broadband

Hello Moodie

I am sorry we took a while getting here and for the slow speeds. We do have a problem with high peak time traffic on your cable I am afraid. We are already aware of it ref F004966308 and would like to carry out some upgrade work. The review date is currently showing 05 APR 2017. Please accept our apologies and if you would be so kind to wait a few days one of the forum team will be in contact to discuss further.

Do you find your wired speeds better off peak, say weekday mornings? Just want to be sure nothing else is happening as well.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos