Menu
paulreko
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

slow broadband than what i pay for.

Running of a  standard super hub, long time customer. Wondering if theres any way to improve broadband speed and strength for upstairs.

Our broadband the last 6 months is getting slower and slower. I am on the vivid 100.

Never used to have any problems, but now the connection upstairs is poor,  downstairs is slower but not completely a disaster.BT are advertising strongly in our area (I think I'm 04) their super fast broadband .

I have seen the other complaints about the 04 area , over subscribed etc. Just wondering if BT offer a good alternative if I can get their super fast broadband.

Or should I stick with Virgin and try to get it improved.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow broadband than what i pay for.

Hi Paulreko,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear your wireless isn't working well upstairs. How is your wired speed? If it's only the wireless you're having trouble with you can try different channels to see which works best but for a reliable connection I'd recommend ethernet. It may be worth looking to powerline adapters to save you trailing long leads around the house as these use you houses electric circuit to transmit the signal.

I hope this helps and let us know how you get on.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos