Menu
szwajdermen
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

slow broadband speed

Hello, since november 2016 my speed is 2 - 8 mbps at peak times, the rest of the day it is max 25 mbps (i pay for 50). I called virgin media multiple times and they say there are works being done in my area (ng5 arnold/bestwood). I would like to know what are these works and when do you plan to finish them. I work all day so i am using the broadband mostly during peak times and i cannot stand any month longer. If you are unable to provide any details i am ready to cancel the contract and go for Sky.

Regards, Matt

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow broadband speed

Hi szwajdermen,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your speeds.

I've located your account and I can see the fault reference F003875654. This issue will cause slow speeds at peak times. Our technicians are working to upgrade our network to support increased demand for our services in you area and have set a review date of 8th March 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
szwajdermen
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello, may i ask what is the current status of the upgrade?

Regards, Matt

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt,

Hope you're well Smiley Happy

Thanks for getting back in touch about the fault in your area. I've taken a look at this and I can see it's still on-going and is being reviewed next on the 12th April. Have you noticed any changes or improvements since your last post?

Speak with you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
szwajdermen
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It actually got much worse, i keep losing connection everyday around 10 pm and it is off all night...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there szwajdermen,

Thanks for posting back here.

From checking your connection, the upstream power level is locked onto one channel and running too high at 58 dBmV. This may or may not be the cause of the disconnections, however it does need to be looked at. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please for an engineer appointment.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
szwajdermen
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i havent received anything.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Morning szwajdermen,

My apologies you didn't receive my private message.

I have sent the message to you again. If you can reply back to me when you get chance in regards to the engineer appointment, that would be great.

Thanks

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
szwajdermen
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello, so i am disconnected for 2-3 weeks now, everytime i call tech support, they say it will be fixed within few days, so i keep topping up my LTE and now have spent over 100 pounds. This is just ubelievable. I had the hope and felt that since i waited so long i can wait '2 days' more and i am going like that for almost a month. I understand that i have a bigger chance of obtaining some info about the issue here than from call center. So can i know what is the problem and when am i going to have broadband? And i also understand that you will not charge me for this month? Regards, Matt

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello szwajdermen,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Really disappointed to hear that you've decided to leave! I've checked your connection and I can see your power levels are still not right. I know Sam has sent you a PM to book an engineer, but I'll get in touch so we can discuss this further.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos