Menu
Cain1981
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

slow broadband in the evening

Hi,

I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that my broadband speed is really slow in the evenings. From around 8pm my speeds have been dropping to below 10mbps which is making it almost impossible to stream anything on Amazon prime.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow broadband in the evening

It sounds as though you may be in an area experiencing capacity issues - especially if this is only occurring at peak times.

I would report this to Virgin Media anyway as a fault in case it is just specific to your connection.

Are you using wired or wireless when you check your speed ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Cain1981
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response.

I'm checking the speed using wireless

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to test it using a wired connection? This will help to narrow down the cause of the problem.
-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Cain1981
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'll have to see if I can find a cable and and give it a try this evening when it slows down
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is worth a try as a comparison.

If you can find one it would also be worth trying a speed test on both wired and wireless during the day too.
-

0 Kudos
ILuvNips
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Golden rule for testing speeds it to test both wired and wireless just so that you can compare and can rule out poor wireless performance as a factor.

In HA7. Billing Area 21.
Utilisation Fault
F003502423: Review Dates -> 07/10/2015 -> 02/12/2015 -> 20/01/2016 Smiley Sad -> Closed Smiley Happy
Utilisation Fault F004873444: Review Dates -> 29/03/2017 Smiley Sad -> Closed Smiley Happy

0 Kudos