Menu
ukmartian
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

slow BB speed , poor customer service

I have been getting intermittant slow speeds i am in the IP3 area ..I initially thought it could be my computer's wi-fi adapter so I purchased a usb wi fi dongle which also allows me to use the 5g band  my initial speed was 70+ mbps and i thought problem solved ..however my speeds have again crashed to between 2 -5 mbps and fluctuate horrendously , I can get better speeds by hotspotting my phone to my laptop ..I have tried to speak to agents but struggle to undertand the accents ,and get the impression i am getting fobbed off ... i cannot webchat as i can never get through , i was made aware that it would take a long time to fix maybe by MAY ..so why should i pay for a substandard service especially as VM just put up prices

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow BB speed , poor customer service

Hi ukmartian,

I do apologise for your reduced peak time speeds. As you've already been informed fault ref: F004986849 is the culprit, which has a current review date set for 10/05/2017. At that time we should have a better idea of when the pending network upgrade is due to commence.  I appreciate that the dip in speeds may inconvenient at best and shall pass your details over to a team who will provide updates and advise of your credit options.

Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll get back to you. 

Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
CoreyDog
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'd bear in mind May is your review date, not a fix date. From nearly everyone else's experience, this review date will just move off into the future everytime and you will be told nothing.

I had over 8 review dates in a 2 and a half year period, ended up cancelling as was told absolutely nothing and doubt Virgin had any intention of fixing the fault.

Personal opinion, start looking for a new ISP if you can't cope with under 3mbps on weekends and between 4pm and 11pm weekdays.
0 Kudos
ukmartian
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Since i have posted this there has been some developments I have now spoken , or tried to speak to 3 different agents ...The 3rd agent said I would benefit from a superhub 3 , so I decided to accept and install . the hub arrived as said and I followed the instuctions , unfortunately it would not activate so i had to speak to another agent , who also had problems , after some struggling she said it was now downloading updates and would be ready  in 15 minutes..I waited an hour and still no internet so I phoned again the next agent could not get the hub to work we ended up by re-installing my old hub and re-activating it , at least I have something working ....PS the superhub 3 does seem to be very good quality and the features to say the least seem very basic , even the instructions are very basic , I ended up on googlr to get answers of the functions or lack off..

so i will now have to struggle with a very intermittant service .. A few questions , when i do a status check there is no mention of the fault you are describing ....Am I expected to pay full subscription this service at least till its fixed  as I am getting slower speeds now than before i was upgraded , and before you implimented a price rise I trust some arrangement will be put in place until the fault is fixed as i do not see why I should be paying for something I am not getting ....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me with that information Smiley Happy

I've sent your details over to the other team, as promised, and they'll be in touch via PM. They aim to reach you within a week but may take a little longer, depending on work load.

All the best,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos