Menu
ashortd
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

slow 3-5mb(100mb vivid) liverpool

its been dropping off every other minute speed going no higher than than 5 and it been like this every night for 2 weeks

EDIT went up to 60mb after midnight

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow 3-5mb(100mb vivid) liverpool

Slow speeds at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends) but full speed at off peak times is normally a symptom of high utilisation/contention in your area.

Somebody from the VM forum team should be along in a few days (up to a week) to check your connection and can confirm if there is a known issue with your segment of the network. If that is the case they should provide a fault reference and pass your details onto another team who should inform you about your credit options for the lack of service via a PM. They should also be able to provide a review date for the fault. Note that it is a review date not an expected fix date and some customers affected by this kind of issue have been waiting over a year for a fix.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
pauloconnor
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Been told the problem for Liverpool they scheduled to fix has been put back again. It was supposed to be last summer, then put back to Oct 23rd, then 26th Nov, then 10th Feb now been put back till May 2017 (though this could move again).

Then are offering people services they can't provide but happy to take their money and hope they don't realise they're being ripped off then blame issue on 'over utilisation'.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ashortd,

I am sorry about your recent broadband issues, though I do have an explanation. 
Firstly there is an issue with capacity on this part of the network, fault ref: F004898570. A network upgrade is planned but won't commence until the pre-upgrade work completes. This work is due to be reviewed on 08/02/2017.
I'll send your details over to a team who will contact you to advise on your credit options whilst you wait.

The above fault will cause reduced speeds at peak times, but should not cause disconnections. A further look at your connection reveals that your Hub has very low downstream power levels, high upstream power levels and a high number power adjustments. These issues can be fixed by an engineer, so please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) when you can and I'll schedule an appointment for you.
Welcome to our Forum by the way, nice to have you on board Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos