Menu
davehoward
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

sloooooow speeds at peak times

Been waiting for months now for a known issue of peak time slow speeds in area 21 to be fixed. I'm still only getting approx 10 - 18mb and should be getting 200mb.

WHEN WILL THERE BE A FIX FOR THIS???Speedtest.net by Ookla   The Global Broadband Speed Test.jpeg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: sloooooow speeds at peak times

Hi davehoward, 

Thanks for posting! Sorry to learn about your issues with slow speed during peak hours, I know this must be frustrating so apologies for any bother.

I've had a look from here and I can see that there are 2 issues affecting your connection, the first is that both of your upstream power levels are too high, which will definitely have an effect on your connection. 

An engineer will be required to resolve this for you, I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. It would be helpful if you could reply to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

The second issue is that your area cable seems to be affected by some load issues, especially during peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this. 

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during peak hours, the reference number for this is F004032588 and is currently set for review around the end of August.

I will send you a separate PM (Purple envelope at the top) outlining your credit options for this.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
davehoward
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi
As much as I appreciate a bit of credit to my bills regarding this problem, I feel it's now time to opt out and go with Sky especially with the new Q box deals.
Another 4 months of slow speeds which now takes it up to December is not ideal.
The wifi is also poor and rebooting the router every week is also a pain. Also slow tivo box is the cherry on the cake. Goodbye Virgin it's been emotional.
faub81
Tuning in
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I totally understand you.... I'm living in area 21, same issues for weeks, supposed to get up to 50mb, not getting even 2mb on some evenings.... Absolutely pathetic. And from next month they are raising the bill again.....
Bye bye Virgin!!
alexrupin
Tuning in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hey guys,

I am in area 21 also! Last two weeks been getting 1-40Mbits in the evenings on a 152Mbit plan... After calling Virgin yesterday they said that there was an issue in the area and that they were going to escalate it - 3 mins after the call my connection went up to 120Mbits, I don't think that's a coincidence but I really don't want to be calling Virgin up every evening.

They keep sending me letters about the prices going up, but the service quality is simply not up to the price.

0 Kudos
davehoward
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Resetting the router is becoming a right royal pain.
Every time I have to do it I'm going to post it on here!

HAS TO RESET ROUTER
POSTED USING MY NETWORKS INTERNET.
0 Kudos
davehoward
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

HAS TO RESET ROUTER
POSTED USING MY NETWORKS INTERNET. TWICE TODAY
0 Kudos
davehoward
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

RESET THE ROUTER AGAIN TODAY.
I'LL BE WITH YOU SOON SKY!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi davehoward, 

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community. 

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area (F004032588) and there is work scheduled next week that will hopefully made a difference to your connection.

We will take a look at this over the next few weeks to see if there has been an improvement. 

I know this is frustrating and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davehoward
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha.
Thanks for the info , but I'm getting more frustrated by having to turn off then turn on my router so the router works again!!
This happens with the ethernet plugged in as well as the wifi.
Very frustrating.
0 Kudos