Menu
JsJnr
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

shockingly bad download speed in M29

I've noticed today that I am having trouble downloading anything. I have done a few speed tests on various speed testing sites, and they are all reporting download speeds of less than 1Mbps, with pings of more than 170.

I know I should be experiencing a lot better than this, and am looking for assistance in getting this solved.

0 Kudos
swamp
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: shockingly bad download speed in M29

Exactly the same here. M29 Astley Street.

What is more annoying is when you goto the VM status page and enter your postcode and phone number and it says all is fine. I wish the status page was actually useful sometimes.

Download is 1mbps atm so cannot stream anything.

0 Kudos
swamp
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same again tonight. Speeds of 1 to 2Mbps but daytime seems ok on brief test. Can someone confirm there is an issue in the m29 area at peak times ? High Utilisation again ?

0 Kudos
JsJnr
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yeah, it's awful again for me.

just how long are we supposed to wait for a response on here?

0 Kudos
swamp
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Testing at Midnight and the speed picks up quite a bit and during the day at 12pm speed is back to 50Mbps so this is high utilisation and as in the past over subscribed the area.

I cannot use my amazon firestick to watch any streaming tv between 4pm and 10pm and gaming is a problem.

The status page should mention the utilisation issue and a fix date but ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there JsJnr,

Thanks for posting on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've taken a look at your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004546279 and with a review date of 21st December.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos