Menu
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 1 of 50
Flag for a moderator

sh3 colour

is there any diff in the blak sh3 and the old white one in relation 2 speed?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 36 of 50
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: sh3 colour

chutwutt wrote:

What would cause an existing connection which has been on 200mbps from like 6 months back perfect to do this , when no adjuments have been made in my house. Only our cleaner is here in the day and she told me she didnt touch anything.
SNR faults can be caused by people modifying their install when they aren't supposed to, or when some piece of network kit upstream of your hub is failing badly. The end result is a lot of noise going into the network, which stops your hub getting it fully online (ranging.)

The downstream with a high power level would likely require an engineer appointment to get corrected. But you can't book an engineer appointment during a area fault like a SNR fault. So once that is resolved and if the downstream side is still showing too high power levels, then you could get an engineer appointment booked for it.

A SNR fault should trip a cabinet alarm, so that VM will become aware of it.

To get the SNR fault looked into as fast as possible (as well as later on requesting an engineer appointment for high power levels) and resolved quickly, you'd have to report it as a broadband fault. The number to report a fault is 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any phone. Then Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 2 (Faults) -> Report a broadband fault. This is staffed between 8AM to 10PM. 

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 2 of 50
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 50
Flag for a moderator

The two colours are exactly the same functionally.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 50
Flag for a moderator

chutwutt wrote:

None at all. The black was a latter thought after VM decided to make their new STB (the V6) black. So they wanted the hub and V6 to color scheme match, which led to the black hub 3.0 going into manufacturing.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 5 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Ok...great...is it normal to have 16 down thing channels as my 2ac had 8 down ..now I got 16 down 2 up...

the up has changed to atma instead of qam,,,,

help..what is happening#?

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Shelke wrote:

chutwutt wrote:

None at all. The black was a latter thought after VM decided to make their new STB (the V6) black. So they wanted the hub and V6 to color scheme match, which led to the black hub 3.0 going into manufacturing.

But you have to question why VM ever chose white in the first place when everything that went before was always black.  Just another VM male-chicken-up.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Don't worry, that's the new tech.  You might even get 4 up eventually ... Ooooh Matron!

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 8 of 50
Flag for a moderator

this is what I was thinking.... 

I got sh3 and thought.

WHY?

then I thought.....is it better than sh2ac.....until the chromecast hoo haar occured. Not to mention the huge brick transformer which looks like king kongs foot

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Dave_cq wrote:

Shelke wrote:

chutwutt wrote:

But you have to question why VM ever chose white in the first place when everything that went before was always black.  Just another VM male-chicken-up.

Many people did ask about why the white. I'm still wondering if it will yellow over time... if it does I'll ask for a black one then Cat LOL

______
0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 10 of 50
Flag for a moderator

Cool. so colour means nothing...

OK..whats the crak with these channels then ....is 16 good

0 Kudos