Menu
mugwump
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

rubbish broadband

prior to being "upgraded" to 200mbps I always got between  40 and 50 mbps and now nothing but rubbish had upgraded router etc its great for a few days then drops back down for the past week nothing higher than 9.22 !!

So why am I paying for a service that is becoming unreliable by the day if phone in get the usual rubbish try this try that which is bollox as I do all checks prior to calling  so a complete waste of time even get **bleep** from technicians  at least on sky I didn't have to put up with bull and bollox!

Please can someone explain why  this is? why am I sharing my broadband with other customers I have a daughter at uni who relies on the internet tonights speed 7.2 !!

I would like this sorted once and for all or Virgin can cancel my broadband I am not interested in excuses and NO I AM NOT PHONING you can put me back to 50 mbps as at least that worked never got anywhere near 200 anyway!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: rubbish broadband

Hello mugwump,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

I'm so sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds, I completely understand this is frustrating.

I've just taken a look at your connection and I can see the reason for the speed reduction is due to a fault in your area. The fault ref is: F004031061 and it's currently due for review on the 14/6.

While this fault is on-going you might notice a speed reduction during peak time hours (evenings and weekends).

I know this isn't the best news so please accept my apologies. As for downgrading your package, I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to discuss the options.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mugwump
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: rubbish broadband

14th of June 2017 before Virgin re assess! What a rubbish service?
Hows that work then im paying for upto 200 mbps
Im not even getting 10 most nights when I was "limited" to 50 mbps at least it was stable at 40+
So why ( still hasnt been answered) please

My daughter is in final stages of her degree and most work and reading is online I chamged to virgin as better chance but as usual great service for around six months then virgin couldnt care less same as sky, bt, talk talk, plusnet et all !
0 Kudos