Menu
brad_29
Dialled in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

rising prices again

hi guys new on this today just to say that virgin emails everyone for faster speed always be4 a price rise ive been with them for years and every year there is higher speed then later higher prices but they say the extra speed is free lol by the way i never get higher speed stays the same as allways its just the price that goes up n up n up n up lol you no where im going cheers all 

Tags (1)

Helpful Answers
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: rising prices again

Price rises are inevitable. All providers will, and do, increase their prices..... Fair enough!

But... In areas that suffer from high overutilization, and there are quite a lot of them, the affected customers should have their price increase deferred until such time that the network is upgraded sufficiently to give them a decent speed 24-7 rather than a pitiful <10% that I, and other customers in my area, have to endure.

Yes I know we get a rebate (AKA loss of service credit), but when theses issues have been ongoing for almost two years (longer in some cases) it becomes increasingly frustrating, especially when there is a price increase.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018

All Replies
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Price rises are inevitable. All providers will, and do, increase their prices..... Fair enough!

But... In areas that suffer from high overutilization, and there are quite a lot of them, the affected customers should have their price increase deferred until such time that the network is upgraded sufficiently to give them a decent speed 24-7 rather than a pitiful <10% that I, and other customers in my area, have to endure.

Yes I know we get a rebate (AKA loss of service credit), but when theses issues have been ongoing for almost two years (longer in some cases) it becomes increasingly frustrating, especially when there is a price increase.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018
brad_29
Dialled in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

to true ian-c

ive had speed as low as 8mbps when i should have 60 mbps when i joined some years ago and also i noticed if you want to make a complaint, virginmedia have taken out the email complaint form so as you cannot complain in writing very clever lol
Tags (1)
neal84
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I currently pay £5 a month for broadband. A £3.49 price increase = 70% increase for a 40% increase in speed I didn't ask for.

I've only been a customer for 3/4 months and signed up for that deal for 12 months. Given I've had reliability issues and was without working broadband for 3/4 weeks of that time I wouldn't call myself a happy customer. I doubt I'll stay after my 12 months are up. 

brad_29
Dialled in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yeah thats so right i started off with low price deal an year by year its gone up n up but speeds gone down n down also get alot of freezing on internet its so not a proper service i think i will be leaving soon try other isp theres got to be something better
Tags (1)
neal84
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Turns out due to the price increase I can leave when I want. I'll be looking at other options next week I think
brad_29
Dialled in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

good luck m8
0 Kudos
bryan1
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The price is get to high, its 30 days notice to quit and 3 months before you can re-apply as a new customer to get the new customers offers which to me would be £4.99 for broadband what I am paying now is £33.29 what a rip off loyal customers does not get you a deal you have to be a new customer its best to shop around each year and change suppliers each year to get a deal, been with Virgin at the beginning 16 years for what ????????????????

0 Kudos
bryan1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have super fibre 50 paying £33.29 per month a new customer to Virgin will get is at £4.99 WHY ??? just look at this price first and then relate to your speed, its for sure that what is fast is the speed that Virgin takes your money and the vast differential to old and new customers 

0 Kudos
bryan1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Your Lucky I pay £33.29 for the same speed as yours (this is just for broadband) and will have to take the price increase of £3.49 in Feb. the benefit is that I have been with them for 16 years and had enough of price increases and will be like you by being a new customer of the best deal and change each year to the next best deal, don't be loyal as Virgin does not respect loyalty as the vast different in prices being offered to old new customers 

0 Kudos