Menu
Martinweller
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

really slow internet speeds

speed test1.jpg

Hi I wonder if anyone can help I am getting really slow internet speeds I am on 150meg but I am lucky if I am getting more than 25 this has been for a while now and I am getting pretty sick of the slow speeds, I did a service status and there was an issue but now saying its resolved but still the slow speeds!!!

can anyone help? I keep getting this error when I try to do the status check as well

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: really slow internet speeds

No worries at all Martin

Just pop back to us if you have any issues and we'll do what we can to support you Smiley Happy

The activations number for the new hub should be in with the pack but if not then just contact us on 0800 953 9500 where the Quickstart team will update that for you Smiley Happy

Have a lovely New Year!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Run a speedtest from ookla.com , default server, from a PC with a known gigabit NIC hard wired to the HUB with a CAT5E cable or better...

Screen-cap the result and post it...

Martinweller
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kippies,

Thanks for coming back to me, I had tried this one here are the results, as you can see similar and nowhere near the 150meg I am supposed to be getting.

I tried about 4-5 different speed tests and they were all getting similar speeds.

ockla test.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No that's not too hot either

Is it constantly slow or does it vary during the day?

Next

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

Martinweller
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

downstream.jpgNetwork log.jpgupstream.jpg

here you go, and it is constant tried different times of the day and doesn't make a difference.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Those look okay-

Set up a BQM

HERE

Run it for say 24 hrs, and post the result.

Dont forget youll need to make sure your super hub is configured to reply to ICMP echo requests...

BQM.jpg

0 Kudos
Martinweller
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

as suggested this is my graph Also results of speed test done at 12,25 am approx. so should at max speed but clearly falling far far short

graph.jpg

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to ask staff to run some additional tests as that doesn't look right..

Martinweller
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, yes its not right. I am getting nowhere near the speeds I am supposed to be getting about a sixth.graph11.jpggraph12.jpg

0 Kudos
Martinweller
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

any idea when I will hear something back about these slow internet speed? it's getting ridiculous I am getting booted out of games for lagging and holding up the game! how do i lag in a game with supposed 150mb broadband?? the honest answer is i am not getting what i am paying for about a sixth of what i am paying for. i would really like to get this sorted ASAP.

0 Kudos