Menu
muffmasterh
Dialled in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

problems connecting to ebay

recently i am having intermittent problems with many ebay pages usually the selling ones. I use google chrome but i have tried other browsers and it makes little difference. Other web pages seem to work fine although email as usual is patchy bit once you are in it is mostly ok

I contacted ebay and they could not replicate my problems their end so said it must be my provider. I was sceptical of this but i see from this forums VM has had prior form for this issue with ebay.

anybody got any ideas ??

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: problems connecting to ebay

Are you still using VirginMedia's DNS servers.  If so try Google's DNS or OpenDNS and see if that makes a difference.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
muffmasterh
Dialled in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

sorry i am only partially tech savy, i know this has been suggested as a problem concerning the webmail and why it has never been right, can you explain to me how i could do this, in baby steps please  !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello muffmasterh,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with eBay, I've seen a few other members having similar issues recently. Are you using the .com or .co.uk site?

Please get back to us so we can continue to investigate,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
muffmasterh
Dialled in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Heather_J wrote:

Hello muffmasterh,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with eBay, I've seen a few other members having similar issues recently. Are you using the .com or .co.uk site?

Please get back to us so we can continue to investigate,

Take care.

Yes ebay have today informed me that their tech guys are now aware of it as they have now received multi complaints and it is a specific problem with Virgin media, they do not say at whose end the fault is but it seems to affect the .co.uk site, however that does not matter because if you are a UK user even logging into dot com will not help you are all your logged in pages will default to your .co.UK pages.

I am hoping that the ebay and virgin tech teams are speaking to each other on this as a matter of urgency, i will have to leave virgin media if it is not sorted as this is my livelihood.

PS i changed my dns and it makes no difference.....

0 Kudos
Jono777
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to let you know. Virgin Media is also my ISP & I've found a solution for anyone using a PC who is experiencing really slow eBay messaging...& sometimes timing out waiting for the page to load. Really annoying if you have 10 messages to reply to - takes up to half an hour!

I have been using Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera & Pale Moon - all slow.

Then I read that the new Opera browser has an inbuilt VPN you can download it here http://www.opera.com/blogs/desktop/2016/04/free-vpn-integrated-opera-for-windows-mac/

What is a VPN? A VPN or Virtual Private Network is a method used to add security and privacy to private and public networks, like WiFi Hotspots and the Internet. VPNs are most often used by corporations to protect sensitive data.

This solved the slow messaging problem immediately. I still don't know who's is to blame but this work around worked for me & lots of others with the same problem. Also Opera is a better browser so give it a go & tell your friends because I've told eBay & they have not mentioned it on their announcement board so I doubt they will as it's not affecting everyone.

0 Kudos
Jono777
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to let you know. Virgin Media is also my ISP & I've found a solution for anyone using a PC who is experiencing really slow eBay messaging...& sometimes timing out waiting for the page to load. Really annoying if you have 10 messages to reply to - takes up to half an hour!

Then I read that the new Opera browser has an inbuilt VPN which changed everything.

What is a VPN? A VPN or Virtual Private Network is a method used to add security and privacy to private and public networks, like WiFi Hotspots and the Internet. VPNs are most often used by corporations to protect sensitive data.

This solved the slow messaging problem immediately. I still don't know who's is to blame but this work around worked for me & lots of others with the same problem. Also Opera is a better browser so give it a go & tell your friends because I've told eBay & they have not mentioned it on their announcement board so I doubt they will as it's not affecting everyone.

0 Kudos
muffmasterh
Dialled in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Jono777 wrote:

Then I read that the new Opera browser has an inbuilt VPN which changed everything.

its not that old but ebay/virgin seem to be running ok now finally, however I'll defo check out the opera browser so long as it doesn't change all my default search engines lol !!

0 Kudos
GSpeight86
Just joined
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having this problem, it started last week. Thought it might be a problem with eBay, then a few days went by and still the same problem. Did a search on google and it brought me here. The error message I'm receiving is 

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.ebay.co.uk/" on this server.

Reference #18.d49d117.1499412508.262e746

0 Kudos
Jono777
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it read the last post.

0 Kudos