Menu
kountzero
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

previous 200mb conn degraded, negative value downstream power

My previously rock solid 200mb line has gone downhill in the last month, Ng21 area. Not sure if it's a line issue or modem (v2) as I have been loosing 5g occasionally that is resolved by a reboot.

Checked the status and as u can see, there are negative power values on the upper channels. Could this be a cabling issue or is the modem dieing? This is the first time in years I have had any broadband issues with vm.

Regards, sean

Screenshot_20161231-132533.jpg

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: previous 200mb conn degraded, negative value downstream power

Hi kountzero,

I've re-tested your connection and can see that the downstream power levels on your Hub are too low.

In addition to this there is also an issue with peak time capacity, fault ref: F004206007. 

The former issue can be remedied by an engineer so I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) for appointment arrangements.

For the latter fault I shall pass your details over to a team who will provide updates on the progress of the planned network upgrade. 

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Downstream levels are perfectly fine. negative values are fine.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
jamesredfern
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same area and same issues as you.  Internet was rock solid at 200-210mbs until middle of December.  Now lucky to get over 30 unless its the middle of the night, then 150ish 

Hydrops
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Both of your problems are due to VMs incapable network, during the christmas period more people will be using their internet and as they offer free upgrades to 200mb their network gets completely overloaded. What you both need to do is set up BQM like mine:

packetloss.png

By doing this you are able to determine the best window in which to sleep and game. My sleeping window is from ~6PM -12AM, it gets a bit choppy around mid day but it's manageable.

Getting consistently shafted by highly fluctuated ping during "peek" all daylight hours.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey kountzero,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to hear your connection has been degrading lately, let's see what we can do to help.

I've run some tests and your hub is currently reporting high upstream power levels. I believe this will be contributing to the issues you're seeing, since there aren't any issues on the network or with any of the other stats on the hub.

I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) so we can arrange a suitable appointment slot with you. Drop me a reply when it's convenient to do so and I'll get something booked in asap.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
kountzero
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Had a new v3 superhub delivered last week. After a couple of days of settling in, I seem to be back up to speed. Hopefully it isn't a case of a new broom sweeps clean, I'll check the logs in a bit and post up the levels (once I've leared to navigate the new gui. lol) if it still looks bad I'll re-up.

Thanks
0 Kudos
kountzero
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Here's latest numbers

Screenshot_20170126-153247.jpg

Screenshot_20170126-153201.jpg

0 Kudos
kountzero
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OK been running this flakey v3 hub a couple of months now and tbh it's as bad if not worse than my old 2ac. The average speed seems to have settled to around 40mbps which really sucks from being right up in the 190s.

I noticed too late I had a message from a mod offering a tech visit, he noticed some high upstream power levels and my reply must have got lost in the pile somewhere. My theory is it most likely the 20 year old cable running to my place is now pretty degraded (it was installed by Diamond Cable lol)

I do remember when Ntl came out the installer said that it's possible that in the future, cabling state/distance to cab/number of customers would be an issue. Guess that time is now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi kountzero,

I've re-tested your connection and can see that the downstream power levels on your Hub are too low.

In addition to this there is also an issue with peak time capacity, fault ref: F004206007. 

The former issue can be remedied by an engineer so I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) for appointment arrangements.

For the latter fault I shall pass your details over to a team who will provide updates on the progress of the planned network upgrade. 

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi kountzero,

Thanks for getting back to me with the requested information Smiley Happy

An engineer has been booked (see PM for details) and I've submitted your data over the other team for updates on the fault. 

Let us know how your appointment goes, all the best Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos