Menu
Chris666
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

poor speeds at peak times

Hi vm team , for the last few months my internet speeds have been decreasing in peak times usually after 5 pm , this is now getting to the stage my internet connection is unusable in the evenings , done several speed tests and getting results of less then 2 mb d/l , upload speed is fine and off peak speeds are 70mb's d/l , so obviously over utilisation. Speed tests have been done on ethernet connection so not wi-fi issue. All stats are fine with high snr , etc. Please help VM thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor speeds at peak times

Hi Chris666

Thanks for posting back on the community. It's nice to have you here.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds during peak hours.

I've managed to locate your account and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing your slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003978992 and with a review date of 14th December.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Chris666
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again VM , was just wondering if there is any updates to this fault as it is getting progressively worse. My internet speeds are down to approx 2MB at peak times now and so my internet is pretty much useless at these times. Thanks chris..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Chris,

Thanks for getting back in touch, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Apologies again for the fault in your area. We don't have news right now, but the fault is being reviewed on the 14/12 and this is when we can expect the engineers to update the fault ticket.

Please get back to us on or after the review date for more info.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Chris666
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vm , well after getting a new review date of 01/03/17 after the last review date passed for the fault F003978992 , i would like to know if you have any information as in if any upgrade work has started and what stage it is at , i understand these things can take time , i.e planning and upgrading local equipment , but a review date , what needs reviewing ? It needs fixing not reviewing. My internet tonight has been the worst it has ever been speed tests showing less 1mbps !!  I found an old post / thread stating this fault had an original review date of 05/10/16 (http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Whats-Happened-to-my-extra-speed-VM/td-p...) , so please VM any information to when this will be fixed ( not reviewed)

Thanks chris..

0 Kudos
Chris666
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi VM , Any updates to this fault please ?? Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris666,

Sorry again for the on-going issue.

I've checked the network and the review date has been changed to 12th April 2017.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos