Menu
rhebogue02
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

poor broadband signal (new customer) sw16 Lewin road

I have just joined virgin with a vivid 200 package. I am only getting 60 - 70 meg which is crazy slow. I have been on the phone to I.T a number of times and nothing is working. Also the 2.4 hz is managing this speed as the 5hz channel is only managing 10 meg!!!

I can see on the community that SW16 has been hit with problems and I am certainly not waiting 6 -12 months for this to be fixed. I am giving it 1 week and if I am not getting close to what I signed up for I am cancelling and complaining to offcom.

I would appreciate someones help with this matter. Thank you.

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor broadband signal (new customer) sw16 Lewin road

As VM are taking two weeks to reply on here (Which will put you out of your Cooling Off Period.), give them a ring on 150 from a VM line or 0345 454 1111. If the script readers mention a fix date (When you push them for info' about Over Utilisation.) run for it while you still can. Any date that they give you will only be a Review date. If you stay longer than the 14 days cooling off, they'll charge you to get out of your contract.
F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

If wireless, try wired directly to the hub with a Cat 5e cable or better with a device equiped with a gigabit ethernet network card.

rhebogue02
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

when does is the start date? the date you activate or when you sign up?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
rhebogue02
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am wired in on all stationary devices such as t.v and laptop when possible. Phones are on the wifi. I have vivid 200 package and i have checked during the day and at night times and the fastest speed I am getting is 48 meg which is absolutely terrible. I assume the 14 days cooling off period starts from the date of the contract?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi rhebogue02,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds. I've just checked your connection and can see there is currently a SNR fault in the area under ticket     F004993485 due to close 17/01/17. Once the fault clears your speed should improve. Let us know how your connection is after the close date and we'll take another look for you.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos