Menu
pompeyneil
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

pooor download speed PO2

Paying for 200mb have been getting a lot less since I've been checking this week. Less than 100mb around 6 a.m. now at 40mb at 5.45 pm.....what is the reason?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: pooor download speed PO2

Hey pompeyneil,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're getting slow speeds, this can be annoying.

I've taken a look at your connection and the local area and everything looks okay for now.

Have you been testing the speeds on a wireless or a hard-wired device? If you've used wireless previously, please test again with an Ethernet cable.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pompeyneil
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It's hard wired and I've been using speedtest.net for the results as well as other methods. 140Mbps is the highest I have recently, at 8a.m. on a Sunday morning so not the busiest time of day.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi pompeyneil,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I appreciate all the checks you have competed so far, however you are still not achieving the up to 200 Mbps broadband speeds.

Looking at your connection, I can see that you are using the Super Hub in modem mode. Are you using your own router at all? With the speed test you completed was that hard-wired direct to the Super Hub or your equipment? If you can complete a speed test direct to the Super Hub and whilst the PC/laptop is in Safe Mode with Networking, that will be helpful. Also if you can post a copy/link of the results that would be great.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pompeyneil
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5780984223][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/5780984223.png[/I...]

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5780984223.png

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5780984223

Not sure if I've copied the link properly, speed was 87.33 down and 12.34 up at 08.45 a.m. on a Tuesday morning, hard wired into the Superhub only but not using safe mode and networking as for some reason I couldn't get the networking part going. Yes, I do have another router plugged in for gaming .and the results are the same.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Morning pompeyneil,

Thanks for posting your speedtest results, I appreciate it.

Just for my understanding, since being on 200 Mbps, have you been able to achieve these speeds at all?

On the PC/laptop you are testing with does the LAN card still show as a gigabit?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pompeyneil
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have had 200Mbps and I don't know how to find out the other info but the laptop is only 4 months old and fully updated, I also get the same results on my wifes laptop.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Evening pompeyneil,

Thanks for getting back to me.

To check the LAN card speed, on the laptop go into Control Panel > Networking & Sharing Centre > Where is shows Connection - Local Area Connection click into View Status. Where is shows Link Speed, let me know what is written here please.

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
pompeyneil
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It says 100 Mbps and am getting speeds of 55-95 on laptop and Xbox one both of which used to register 200+ on occasions.
0 Kudos
pompeyneil
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Down to 40-50 Mbps now on laptop and Xbox One S at 06.40 on Monday morning.
0 Kudos