Menu
pook1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

paying for 200mbps last night got 3mbps

i have been with ntl/virgin for years never a problem. i recently moved to a different house and had virgin cable installed, they never told me there is a utilization problem in the area, that's when my problems started.

they have lied to me about dates when its going to be fixed ie tomorrow, given me dates that have just been moved and moved over months, left me on the phone only to drop the call once i got through twice yesterday, do they know if you've complained before.

it cannot be normal to get 3mbps even with utilization problems or trafficking  i have asked for an engineer to take a look but was told it wouldn't make any difference and anyway it would be fixed soon. six month this as been going on  I'm afraid your my last hope before i cancel could you tell me how to post my router settings for you to take a look like the fella last night at least this may provide some answers                                                                                                                     

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: paying for 200mbps last night got 3mbps

Hello pook1,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I've managed to locate your account and can see the high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F003320128 and has a review date of 1st March 2017. Due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth, these dates can be subject to change.

I know this is frustrating to say the least and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Make a formal complaint , then after 8 weeks pass it to CISAS, follow my simple guide and you really cannot go wrong.

I see a lot of people going the wrong way about complaining, hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
Daztrex700
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Same as me I'm getting the same problem

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello pook1,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I've managed to locate your account and can see the high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F003320128 and has a review date of 1st March 2017. Due to the work that is required to improve bandwidth, these dates can be subject to change.

I know this is frustrating to say the least and I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Make a formal complaint , then after 8 weeks pass it to CISAS, follow my simple guide and you really cannot go wrong.

I see a lot of people going the wrong way about complaining, hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
Daztrex700
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Same as me I'm getting the same problem

0 Kudos
pook1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hello samantha

thank you for your efforts in looking this up

been waiting for Dec 28th as this is the last date virgin gave me 2 months ago assuring me it would be fixed. there were 2 previous dates that came and went

and sure enough the problem is still the same averaging about 15-20 mbps a night

they have just confirmed your message that the 1st of march is now the new date,so the can is kicked further down the road.

i asked if when i get 10mbps surely everyone in the area cant be getting 10 as well, as this must be a major breakdown of services were nobody as a working internet and was told it would be put down as a intermittent fault and an engineer would take a look. the systems not fixed but at least i felt someone had listened, i must be right surely virgin doesn't even out a poor performing area so no one as a good service.

will give this a last go if no luck will look at moving providers.

thanks again for your reply

regards pook1

0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That will try an tell you its a small section of network eg just you and a few others but logic tells you it has to be a lot more otherwise it would be a simple/quicker fix..

I have been onto my neighbours and asked them about their speed with virgin and they are getting then same as me which is beyond rubbish..  Most of them had never run a speed test before so never realised its was so bad and those that did where not with virgin (left to go with BT)

Peoples internet varies so much streaming,gaming just browsing internet etc Combine this with some people just dont complain and live with a bad service is why virgin can get away with ripping people off as they do.

0 Kudos
hortonj88
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm moving to Sky in the next week or 2.

It's happening to me too.  I had 13 months of 24/7 200mb then about a week ago speed drops to less than 40.

At first I thought OK it's Christmas cut them some slack.

I phoned them, spent an hour doing random diagnostics. 

Got a phone call Tuesday night from 0345 454 1111 saying "It's a problem in your local area Mr. Horton"  I said  "Oversubscription?"  the guy on the phone replied "Yes sir."

I for one will not accept the never ending cycle of "review dates".

Sky here I come.

I had a feeling this would happen when I saw quite a few VM vans in my road and surrounding roads over the past few weeks.

Left VM 9th Jan 2017 due to high utilisation. Enjoying reliable services with Sky Smiley Happy
0 Kudos