Menu
tactix
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

paying for 200 and not even getting 10 im getting sick of this now

im paying for 200mbps internet and due to over subscritption in the area im getting less than 10 and when i try and speak to somebody all i get is it wont be sorted untill april  but ive taken £16 off your bill this month well thats just great but my internet is now not fit for purpose so there for should not be a charged full stop .

i understand your not going to get full speed all the time but only getting 5% of what your paying for is a damn joke 

Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: paying for 200 and not even getting 10 im getting sick of this now

tactix wrote:

im paying for 200mbps internet and due to over subscritption in the area im getting less than 10 and when i try and speak to somebody all i get is it wont be sorted untill april  but ive taken £16 off your bill this month well thats just great but my internet is now not fit for purpose so there for should not be a charged full stop .

i understand your not going to get full speed all the time but only getting 5% of what your paying for is a damn joke 

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
tactix
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: paying for 200 and not even getting 10 im getting sick of this now

cheers for the info i will definitely be taking this up elsewhere as it seems more like my connection has been throttled down now rather than it being a usage issue as when i now speed test i get a flat read apposed to a fluctuating data transfer befoe you would see it fluctuate by a 5 10 20 meg but now it just flies up to about 9.40 and fluctuates by .01 to .02 so i know for a fact that it is being throttled as i had the same effect last night at 11pm where you would thing utilisation would be lower 

0 Kudos
tactix
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

dudley speed still sucks even in none peak hours now

so i have been given the completion date of the 31st for the over utilisation in my area dy2 9eq 

but you would think things would be getting better but no there worse as now were suffering in off peak times too 

CAN WE GET A SOLID ANSWER ON THIS 
what is going on when will it be sorted what steps are being taken to rectify these issues 

at the moment im able to get more solid consistent and HIGHER intenet speeds on my mobile data plan ( not with virgin ) than i can on my home broadband what a joke 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: dudley speed still sucks even in none peak hours now

Hi tactix,

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your speeds.

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F004243156, for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 29/05/2017. 

These types of faults can some times have a long lead time and can involve upgrading/adding software, hardware, cabling etc - up to and including digging up streets, building new or extending Head-End Buildings. 

Obviously, this has to be planned in advance - involving local Councils, Gas, Water, Electric, Highways Agency, local businesses to name but a few. 

Please give this thread a bump closer to the date and we will get an update for you. I am sorry that I do not have more news on this fault at this time.

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos