Menu
punkrock101
Dialled in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

over utilization issue

Hi all,

I have suspected for a long time that my broadband wasn't running as it should i recently signed up for the SamKnows Panel and I was sent a monitoring box connected it up on Saturday and this has run some tests on my connection the past few days.  the results are shocking for a 200 Mb connection.  I wish Virgin will just come clean and admit they have bandwidth issues in my area.   this is unacceptable attaching a screen grab of the latest results.

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 16.59.52.png

Helpful Answers
wayneuk0709
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: over utilization issue

I guess the only way Virgin Media will take any notice of stuff like this is if people leave and go elsewhere.

Until then, we will carry on getting substandard services.

All Replies
punkrock101
Dialled in
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I feel like this post is being ignored I have evidence this is happening as being logged daily with sam knows who is supplying all results to Ofcom.  

wayneuk0709
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I guess the only way Virgin Media will take any notice of stuff like this is if people leave and go elsewhere.

Until then, we will carry on getting substandard services.

punkrock101
Dialled in
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

My broadband is still slow at peak times I wonder if anyone can get back to me from Virgin. As i think this might be throttling. I do see that vivid 200 gamer and vivid 300 isn't capped.  I wonder if i can get on one of these packages due to the hassle i'm having been a customer for about 8 years.  

0 Kudos
TazDevil
Joining in
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I have had this problem for quite a few months now. On their 200Mb conn and average about 30mb DL speeds. I'll be looking at alternative providers next month as it's stupid that I have to call them to get a credit for the crappy service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi punkrock101,

Thanks for taking the time to posting on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, I can see high traffic during peak hours which I have raised to our networks department for more investigation.

Once I have more information I will let you know.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon punkrock101,

Just checking in to give you more information in regards to the high peak time traffic fault I raised.

The reference number is F004834823 and with a review date of 29th March 2017.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue. 

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Juggmeister
Tuning in
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

And so...a new definition for the word "SOLVED" presents itself...

0 Kudos
punkrock101
Dialled in
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I missed this post I don't really frequent this forum that much.  At least Virgin as a company are admitting there is problems with the network now in Belfast. 

0 Kudos
Wardy3
Joining in
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I am experiencing low broadband speeds  1.5, 9 ,  instead of 50 intermittently

1. contacted customer broadband support who checked and reset my superhub..... still low speeds .  engineer visit arranged.

2. engineer called checked superhub tv and telephone all ok, apart from low broadband speeds lol  diagnosed over utilisation on the green box at the end of the road, it requires upgrading.

3. contacted customer services/customer retentions  i payed more and upgraded to vivid 100  still not cured the problem  getting better speeds but still intermitant lower speeds 5, 20 instead of vivid 100

4. i dont know what is happening i have been with virgin media for over 10 years, NEVER had such poor quality broadband.

Is it time for a change ??

0 Kudos