Menu
pfcdre
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

over utilisation in milton portsmouth

just recieved another review date for works to be carried out to sort the problem with terrible speeds in Milton Portsmouth, i urge anyone affected in this area to go to another provider as this problem has been going on for around two years and keeps getting put back, if slow speed was not enough the constant disconnects are extremely frustrating, the last review date was 15/6/2016 and thats been put back yet again to december. I am cancelling my contract with virgin media on the grounds of not supplying what was agreed in the contract!

0 Kudos
Fennomenon
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: over utilisation in milton portsmouth

Do you have any update to this?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fennomenon,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry for the trouble with this.

The latest review date for fault Ref.(F003074424) is 29th March 2017.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Fennomenon
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

And what does that mean exactly?

I connected with 117mb 6am the other morning but only 5mb when I got home from work the same day. Advice from Virgin help team was to change the band of my router which didn't really help (and wasn't really the problem!)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Fennomenon,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

I can see that the fault in your area is being reviewed again on the 29th of March, this is when we will have more info for you.

If you could bump this thread on or after the 29th, we would be more than happy to update you accordingly.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Fennomenon
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, replying back as asked. I can see something has happened as we had a note through the door saying work would be taking place 30/3/17.

As of today I can see absolutely no difference in my speed. Speed test's undertaken since have shown no noticeable increase in download speed - certainly no where near the 200mb I am expecting.

I am very disappointed, this is the only reason I joined Virgin originally. I will be contacting Virgin in the next day or 2 to request money off my bill, as they have been doing for the last 4-5 months.

Unacceptable.

Lee

image1.PNG

0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I live in PO4 just up the road from Milton. The fault affecting me was due for "review" on 29 March. Nothing was done. Next "review" 29 December 2017!

There seem to be widespread utilisation faults across the Portsmouth, Fareham and Gosport postcodes. Most of them seem to have been going on for years. There's no incentive for VM to get on with fixing them due to lack of competition and toothless watchdogs.

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos
Fennomenon
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Agreed. Our friend lives in Mayles Road (on the other side of Locksway Road) and has just had Virgin installed. She immediately noticed lack of speed and contacted them and their reply was "Dec 2017 review". 

Alarm bells started ringing then for me :/

0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

She must live near the VM billboard ad on the corner of Eastney Road and Essex Road ... the advert that boasts of 4K streaming when most people in our area are struggling to watch YouTube at 240P. 😂

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
Fennomenon
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

bump

0 Kudos