Menu
jimtimber01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

only 5mb broadbamd,paying for 100

I keep ringing, have done for 3 months now, told each time it's due to cable upgrades in my area and this will take a month to complete. Same answer for 3 months. I guess this is a lie? Area code is 20.

Any tips on a) finding out what they are actually doing as it worked fine for the first 3 months. b) surely time for virgin to lower my bill as 3 months at 5% capacity is pretty shoddy, especially with no forewarning.

Should have stayed with Sky.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: only 5mb broadbamd,paying for 100

Hi jimtimber01, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have had trouble with your speeds. 

I have taken a look and it seems that you are affected by fault ref F004275409 for slow speeds at peak times. I have popped the details across to the team who deal with this type of issue and they will contact you as soon as they can with some more information. We should have more news on this fault after 17/05/2017. 

I am sure this is not the news you would have liked to hear, I do apologise for that. 

Do you find you suffer from slow speeds outside of peak times? 

If so pop the Hub into Modem only Mode with the computer in safe mode with networking. Let us know if this makes a difference. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jimtimber01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

It's a shame it has to take so many months for an attempt at fixing it.

I'm usually at work during the day so only really use it at night. My partner informs me it is usually okay to 6pm and then it limits at 5mb and pings at 250. I sometimes work at nights from home and need to have access to work servers so it is a pain to be honest, especially when someone else is using the net.

Someone has contacted me however and I will just have to wait until end of April 😖

Thanks for replying.

J
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi J,

Thanks again for posting Smiley Happy

Thanks for getting back to us, I know this isn't great news, but your patience is very much appreciated.

If you keep in touch with us here on the community we will do our best to keep you updated.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jimtimber01
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I want to request my contract be terminated due to this issue. At present I am getting 1.5mb internet speeds every evening, shared between 3 devices.my partner can't even open 1 website. I work hard all day and want to 'enjoy my laptop and ps3 when I get home, not feel like I'm back in the year 2000.

The whole up to 100mb is a hideous lie. I'm barely getting one percent of that when I need it.

The compensation I got for one month doesn't cover the months and months or poor service. Nor does "we'll consider looking into the issue" sometime in the next 6 months.

Sorry, I have patience but the lies I was told to sign up this package is just no longer tolerable. I'm pretty sure I am not the only one in area 20 who feel they are paying Virgin good money to-do nothing.