Menu
unbiased
Dialled in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

ongoing fault F002657887.Virgin think 12mb on a 150mb connection line has been fixed....

Think virgin can really be a joke sometimes, while i can say ive never had problems thankfully , my partner has had problems ever since joining you, never got the full speed on Area ref 014, ive been in touch many times over it by pm and had a usual flurry of moved dates when it would be looked at,as  Its been reported as an ongoing fault, you have been giving her a credit since august of last year yet you now have the cheek to say the fault is resolved and speeds return back to normal as sent here

Hey,
Just a quick message to update you in regards to the current fault F002657887. This is now reported as resolved and you should start to notice an improvement in your speeds.
If you encounter any further speed issues please post back on the forum.
Kind regards
Steve
Community Moderator

I really would like to know how you consider 12.3mb on a 150mb connection normal,i can only assume your going to stop the credit for her as she is now getting such super speeds???

so i think you should probably look again and reconsider the fault resolved problem, i have also pm'd back yesterday yet the email has been read and not replied to, but i wouldnt expect any more as whenever i have asked for further info no-one has ever answered

IMG-20161201-WA0000.jpg 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: ongoing fault F002657887.Virgin think 12mb on a 150mb connection line has been fixed....

What's the wired speed like? Can't prove anything with a wireless test.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
unbiased
Dialled in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: ongoing fault F002657887.Virgin think 12mb on a 150mb connection line has been fixed....

It's the same, virgin already aware, but for some reason they asked me to post on forum again as don't seem to answer there PM's so this is for them really,cheers though
0 Kudos
unbiased
Dialled in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

6mb tonight... definitely not fixed in the slightest,causing arguments here as I prefer to stay at my house which has better connection Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
unbiased
Dialled in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20161211-181609.png

Tonights speed while here... if this is fixed, hate to see a faulty connection...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

And wired?

0 Kudos
unbiased
Dialled in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

600mb wired, hence why I need to post it wirelessly to make it look worse

But in all seriousness as I stated above its around the same, and like I also said above this is for virgin team about an ongoing fault that they are aware of and claim fixed when hasn't , so don't need constantly saying wired, as I have obviously done both, just easier to screenshot my phone
0 Kudos
unbiased
Dialled in
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Sorry that sounds a bit harsher than I meant it to, just really frustrating sometimes, like I mentioned my connection is fine, but my partners is shockingly bad, was getting a credit on her bill ( I wouldn't be happy with that but she is lol)
And then for virgin to suddenly say fault fixed when it obviously isn't is irritating.
And to top it off last night was so slow couldn't even stream off netflix, I think at one point it didn't even hit 1 meg wired or WiFi, worse we had ever seen it while there.
Back to my house and 200mb later so will feel better Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
unbiased
Dialled in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20161212-103248.png

This is daytime speed, good til about 3 o clock, then nosedives...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I ask every time as no one is interested in wireless. With wireless speedtests you will just get advice to change the channels etc. No ISP guarantees wireless speeds and they are effectively useless for diagnostic as things outside yours (and VMs) control will effect the speeds.

When trying to prove issues, post wired speed tests only as they are what matter to ISPs as they can control all the factors and it becomes blindingly obvious if your hardware is an issue (speeds around 90Mbs, never higher) or an issue their end. Becomes clear cut rather than faffing out with wireless.

0 Kudos