Menu
sue1969
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

now tv box buffering

Hi i live in Cheshire,

We have a TiVo box that I am happy with. We also have a small tv in the kitchen that i am using via a now tv box. The main user of data has left and gone to uni. I'm completely struggling now to use the now tv. It just buffers to a stand still for 10 mins at a time. When OH rang VM they said there is a fault but it will take weeks to fix. No refund etc. what next?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help can't even watch tv

Hello sue1969,

Thanks for posting.

How is your now tv box connected and are you subscribed to virgin broadband?

We would not refund for buffering on your now tv box because we don't provide these to you but I can certainly look at your broadband connection.

I would just need you to send me a private message with your address, post code and name on the account please so I can run further checks.

You will be able to send me a private message by clicking on my name and selecting 'send me a message' on the right.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
salamat
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: now tv box buffering

Hi Sue,

Try taking Speedtest.net readings daytime and evenings. You might find that your speed drops drastically in the evenings/weekends which could then be due to you being on an 'over utilized' connection! If you are, bad luck!

I'm in this situation with evening/weekends speeds dropping to 1-3Mbps! This is too slow for a NowTV box and you will get the buffering!

If this is the reason, don't let VM say that they're not responsible for your NowTV service......they are the one's supplying a service that is 'not fit for purpose'! The area I'm in has been like this since 2014!

Depending what speed service you're supposed to have, you might be really lucky and be able to get £3 off a bill for 'SuperFibre50', rising (slightly) if you're supposed to be on faster services!

If this is the reason, be sure to tell your friends, family and neighbours!

DavidVM Speedtests from 23-2-17.jpgVM Speedtest 19.00 27-3-17.jpg

0 Kudos