Menu
md71
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

long term Broadband problems

Is it me, or Virgin is having serious problems with broadband?? It started with slow speed a few months ago , now i  have to continuously reboot the router and when i do the online test- i have a yellow flag saying they are aware of the problem and it will be fixed in 15 minutes.

Trying to find the book an engineer page but its probably hidden....

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: long term Broadband problems

I think to get to the Book An Engineer option you first need to sign in to My Virgin Media account, then Check Service Status and click on the button for Run A Test.  You should then be given the option to Book An Engineer online.   That's the theory anyway.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Mirr
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

"That's the theory anyway." ;D

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon md71,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

Looking at your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003948570 and with a review date of 21st December. 

With you having to reboot the router, is this due to losing internet connection? If so does this happen on both wired and wireless devices?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide