Menu
bartsimp
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

less than 2mbps evenings

I am a long standing customer and have been with virgin media since it was NTL.

I am supposed to be on 50mbps but for the last 4months  have only been getting 1.6mbps between 6 and 10pm.

I don't expect to get 50mbps all the time but do expect a speed that is usable.

I was told it was because my exchange CH42 has been over subscribed, I was given a refund and told new cables would be installed and this would solve the problem. date given was the 22 Jan I was also was told that they would keep me updated on the progress of the repair this never happened.

So I now have to make a decision do I put up with a service that isn't usable in the evening or cancel and move to another provider.

I am going to ring mon if I don't get a satisfactory  reply I will be saying goodbye to virgin media. 

Anyone suggest a provider that values there long standing customers instead of trampling over them.

Bartsimp

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: less than 2mbps evenings

Hi bartsimp

Welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear of the slow speeds you have been experiencing and I can imagine the frustration this must be causing. I'll certainly look into this further for you to see what's going on.  I've run some checks on your connection and I can see that there is a fault ticket that's causing slow speeds F002878929. There aren't any updates available at the moment when checking the ticket but there is a review date scheduled for 26/04/2017 where we will have more information.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused while this fault is resolved,

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
bartsimp
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: less than 2mbps evenings

Thanks for the reply I just wish virgin media would keep customers informed and stop giving false promises.

I spoke with your team a week ago and was told it would be fixed by the 15th of feb but it looks like it will be april.

All I want is honesty if this exists any more.

Bart. 

0 Kudos