Menu
Babypanda
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

less than 10% of the advertised speed - its a joke right?

Hi Virgin.

6 months ago I saw the normal speed of the internet start to decline (about 90MB).  The supposed speed upgrade was coming so I knew being through this before that it gets a lot worse before it gets better.

Anyway the speed upgrade was ready in December but nothing changed.  Looks like it is now just a way to gain new customers or to treat old ones bad by putting them in the poor segments of the network.

15.1.17@4.34.png15.1.17@21.00.png

I also find the tivo box beyond slow.

As an existing customer why do we get treated as mugs and get no loyalty offers?

(I do not include 6 weeks of sky sports as an offer)

Do I need to sign up for months again to get the 200MB reliably and the new V6 box or do I need to throw in the towel and get FTTC just to get a speed that is close to what I pay for?

p.s. my neighbour is connected to my box outside.  Will me making a change help or screw them?

Test just ran

Before you ask... yes its a wired connection

Can customer services authorise the broadband fee back onto the account please.

------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: less than 10% of the advertised speed - its a joke right?

Hi Babypanda,

Thanks for posting on the community. It's nice to have you here.

I'm sorry to see that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004949618 and has a review date of 8th February.

I can see that one of your speed tests were outside these hours. Are you able to try another speed test whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode please to see if the speeds differ?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Babypanda
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: less than 10% of the advertised speed - its a joke right?

Yes, when nobody is awake then it isn't as bad but still near 50% slower than it should get to.  

What does this prove?   That when I don't need to use the service it is ok? 

Imagine you need the emergency services but you couldn't use it until it was out of peak times... lives would be lost don't you think.

Imagine if your gas water and electrics, didn't work very well when you got home from work and your wanting to cook a meal.  Do you think it would be reasonable to tell their customers it's ok wait until after midnight to use their service?

The internet service provided is currently not fit for the intended purpose.

As said this isn't the first time i've been through this cycle.  I bet if I was regraded to the 200Mb service then amazingly i'd be on a different network segment without issues.  If this isn't true then my frustration with the level of service is still valid.

------------------------------------------
0 Kudos