Menu
andyandy
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

internet

well this as bin going on now for weeks looks like i am going to ring them up about my internet as i should be getting 100 speed but only getting half of that or less and web pages are opening slow and sometimes stopping then opens after a little bit not happy with this at all now not getting the service that i am paying for now i am thing of change my provider now as its realy getting bad now lots of people are having the same problem with this and some are getting a good service but mine i not 

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: internet

Does this affect you all times of day or just during the peak time (evenings and weekends) ?

Also, are you experiencing this problem on both wireless and wired connections ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
andyandy
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

yes this can be any time day or night same wireless or cabled up i think there is a problem with my main cable as my next doors is fine
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It definitely sounds as though your it is either your cabling or your Superhub that is at fault.

Staff from Virgin Media do respond to messages on this public forum but can take up to about a week. You would be best giving Virgin Media a call tomorrow when they reopen and get them to look into this for you. I assume there are no faults or issues showing if you check the 'Service Status' link on your online Virgin Media account ?
-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
andyandy
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

no there is noproblem showing up at all there is t3 t4 on the router though i checked that but this is on all our pc's as well so its not just one pc with the same thing 

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you already ruled out an issue with one of the devices downloading in the background and causing speed problems for the rest? - Possibly turn off all devices but one and test with it cabled.

If it is still an issue you definitely need to get it reported to Virgin Media ASAP.

-

0 Kudos
andyandy
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

yes i tryed that but no diffrence at all so i am thinking its the main cable router is new i can rember when we had the drive put in at our house the cable was just under the grass i did not no when we dug it out i hit the cable with a spade so had to put some tape round it that was about 12 years ago so was thinnking that water may of got in there or some thinking
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The network logs monitor the internet connection as a whole and is not restricted to one device. So posting the Upstream, Downstream power levels in full would give us a better idea on the T3 and T4s you are experiencing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi andyandy,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are having issues with your broadband connection.

Looking at your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F004824105 and has a review date of 19th April.

If you are experiencing slow speeds outside peak hours, can you complete speed tests whilst the Hub is in modem mode please?

In regards to the T3/T4 time-outs as mentioned above are you able to post the network log from the router for us to check, as I am unable to see any time-outs reported since the router has been online.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos