Menu
penhilchippyman
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

internet speed inconsistant

I have just upgraded to virgin 100 mgb connection , from a 50 mgb connection, the reason i upgraded was because when i am streaming video  it keeps bufferering all the time, It still bufferering continualy all day long whenever i try it.

i have done a lot of speed tests, 1 minute i get  speed test of 95 then 10 seconds later another test and it is aprox  8  mgb this is like this all day long no consistancy  what so ever.

I use speed.net test ,

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: internet speed inconsistant

How are you connecting to the HUB?

Wired? Wireless?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi penhilchippyman,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with the broadband speeds. 

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable with no errors.

As Kippies mentioned are you testing through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please? 

Does this happen on just the one device or all?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
penhilchippyman
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Had 2 engineers out and both said ok , Even though they put new cable and new router in, Made no differerence at all, one minute getting 50 next min getting 6, was waiting on another engineer to come ,Got fed up waiting so checked all cables coming into house, Guess what it was a loose virgin mediia cable that connects to router

PLEASE give me a job

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Evening penhilchippyman,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am happy to hear that you found the cause of the issue, even though you had engineer visits.

Monitor the connection and if there are any further issues, by all means get back in touch.

Take care

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos