Menu
sizzlingchef
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

insanely slow broadband download speed regularly below 25

I pay a large sub every month and was promised a download speed of 150, this was boosted to 200, My download speed for at least the last 6 months has been below 50 and at present is 23.5. I also regularly have the tv service stopping to upload on catch-up etc. I also want to know if YOU VIRGIN   actually read the comments on this site and if so why aren't you doing something about your abysmal service or is this site just set up for members to have a rant to each other whilst you sit back and do nothing.....we should all be compensated for the lack of service!!! 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: insanely slow broadband download speed regularly below 25

Hi there sizzlingchef,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Sorry to read about the problems you've been having with your Virgin Media services.

I've just had a good look at your connection and I can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary. Are you using a wireless or a hard-wired connection when you test the speeds?

Please keep in touch so we can monitor your connection and investigate further.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sizzlingchef
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, I use a wireless connection and am about seven feet from my unobstructed hub. I've just done a speed check with Ookla, results are Download: 40.66 Mbps / Upload: 9.48Mbps. slightly better but nowhere near the speed you advertise and I pay for !   

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey sizzlingchef,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Would it be at all possible for you to test the hard-wired connection so we can find out if the speed is actually reaching your property?

You can improve the wireless side of things by changing the operating wireless channel, please take a look at this help article for instructions.

Could you please let me know if this helps.

Happy Halloween, don't forget your pumpkins for tonight!

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sizzlingchef
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Dear Heather, Sorry for the delay being an old fogie I needed to enlist the help of my son to assist with technical things I don't under stand. We ran two checks within 10 minutes at 1305Hrs on sat 5th, first Wifi: download = 42.03mpps, Upload = 9.11 mpps, then by hard wire at 0310Hrs, download =85.47mpps, upload = 9.48mpps. We then ran a Wifi test with F-Secure Safe & F-Secure Freedom switched off and got a reading of 119mpps download. I hope this helps, Ray.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Ray,

Thanks for getting back to us about this.

Hope you don't mind me responding on behalf of Heather as she is currently out of office.

I've had a look at everything from our end and the hub did appear to be online for quite a large number of days. After refreshing this, the equipment levels improved, however, the network segment indicates a possible issue with SNR (could potentially cause intermittent connection).

I have flagged this over with Networks to investigate further.

I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as I receive an update regarding this.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
sizzlingchef
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your communication, tried two speed checks today 14/11/2016 @ 0710Hrs d/load 9.58mbps, @1600Hrs 8.37mbps, there seems to be a major fault somewhere..........I await a speedy rectification. Ray.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this Ray,

I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as I hear anything.

If there aren't any network faults, we will proceed to arrange an engineer visit for you.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ray,

Checked up on this again and there doesn't appear to be any network faults present.

Are you still experiencing connectivity issues?

Nat_J

0 Kudos