Menu
Thecycoangus
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

hub reporting Lost MDD Timeout

Hello,

Been noticing very slow speeds this past week doing speed tests i would get as low as 3mb? upload is unaffected however, I currently pay for the 150mb cable only package.

On the superhubs network log it is a full page of Lost MDD Timeout errors about 2 every minutevirgin.PNGIt wouldn't be so bad if the net was usable  as i appreciate its Christmas and home usuage must be peaking but i am struggling to even watch a youtube video at 320p without buffering, Since one user in the house requires using internet to watch tv via streaming multitasking is non existant at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: hub reporting Lost MDD Timeout

Morning Thecycoangus

Thank you for the update and you're welcome, I am so pleased the engineer managed to fix it for you. Downstream stats looking much healthier now unlike me after xmas Smiley Tongue 

I will pass the feedback on.

Hope you have a Happy New year

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Posting the hub's power levels might shed a bit more light. The lost MDD timeout maybe a sign that the downstream is in some distress

0 Kudos
Thecycoangus
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

ah.PNG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yep, that downstream is completely borked.

Downstream power levels are a complete mess varying from too low to way way too low, and a very poor SNR on half of the channels.

I take it you have rebooted the hub.

You will need to contact VM for resolution, either by waiting here for about a week until a VM Forum Team Member picks up the thread, or give them a call on 150 from a VM line or 0345 454 1111 for a quicker response.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Thecycoangus

Awfully sorry about the poor connection, as griffin mentioned the line parameters not looking good at all. I will send you a forum private message to arrange an engineer appointment, please reply when you have a moment.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Thecycoangus

Thank you for getting back, I have booked you an engineer appointment, please check your PM for details.

Good luck with the visit and let us know how it goes in this thread.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Thecycoangus
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

Thanks for arranging an appointment, will keep this post updated with future developments Smiley Happy

Cheers!

Angus

0 Kudos
Thecycoangus
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hmm weird goings on this afternoon for a brief period my net was back to normal blistering speeds

15682781_10208229205629394_218747164_n.png

And now its returned to its previous state

a.PNG

I decided to reset the error counters when the net was all good and lol it certainly built up again quick

tioauu.PNG

Thought i'd do a comparison heres me downloading a steam game now, huge difference considering these were only a few hours apart and during the time where the download was fine i had no Lost mdd timeouts...

ayy.PNG 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Thecycoangus

Really sorry, something definitely not looking right with your connection. If it is okay with you I think it is best one of our principal engineers takes a look. I will send you a forum message to arrange another appointment.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Thecycoangus
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

Just had the visit from an engineer his name was Ben (id 43331) extremely helpful firstly replaced the connector from the coax to the superhub that didn't work then swapped my superhub 2 to a 3 then activated it, however that didn't fix the issue he then went to the green box turned out my cable was fudged so he stripped it and re terminated it and the issue was fixed. Very pleased with the service! 

Here is a screenshot of my downstream now

ayyyf.PNG

As you can see much improved! Thankyou Nicola for arranging the visit and Ben for fixing the issue!

0 Kudos