Menu
notnamedFred
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hello, hello i'm back again with the same problem, HUB 3

First of all let me say that we are coming to the end of building work and the cable as been moved around quite a bit but nothing says its not connecting at 100%.

Last year I suffered with fluctuating speeds, anything from 30 up 212, apparently a known issue for my area within Wolverhampton area. It was somewhat sorted by an engineer putting me higher up the box and I averaged 100 to 150, then another engineer trying to sort someone else out put me back down. It eventually leveled out with engineers doing some to and frowing.

Until a few weeks ago! (like I said the cable in the house as been moved a few times)

I now average between 0.75 and 28 and some times nothing at all for a few min. And as for the wireless on this hub three???? virgin should be done for telling lies.

I'm paying for 200 and I'm registered at 230, i'll accept a 20% loss with a sour face but top end 90's is taking the proverbial.

Would one of you excellent peeps please see if things need tweeking?

0 Kudos
notnamedFred
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: hello, hello i'm back again with the same problem, HUB 3

No BB this morning, 17.45 at 18:30, 29.26 at 19:14 WOW I am  lucky boy!

Before anyone asks; hard wired Cat7, i7 home build, windows 10. I did hit 212 last year and Hub 3 registered at 1000. Do you think if I went unlimited I would get over 30 hahahahahaha

0 Kudos
notnamedFred
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Feedback time

Virgin man came today and said 106 was good for this area (best results in ages) and hes been told that the over subscription should be fixed by April i.e. another line is due to be put in, he will contact me to confirm this?

Heres something I noticed: When the engineer was here I was getting around 50 into my Ipad. When he was outside sitting in his van completing paperwork and on the phone it still registered around the 50 mark BUT! as soon as the van started down the street it dropped to around 3, Yes 3 and stayed like that for about 15min and then back to the around 50? Does this mean I have a high user around me who can see the street? the upload rarely ever changes and most nights i.e. after 11:30 my download speed drops again? or may there be another reason?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello notnamedFred

Thank you for keeping us updated, the engineer will not likely contact you about the area high traffic problem however we have a team who will keep you informed, the reference is F004836385 with a review date of 05 APR 2017. I will send you a forum private message to discuss further.

To be honest it is unlikely a single person in your street could influence the large bandwidth available on your cable.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
notnamedFred
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To be honest it is unlikely a single person in your street could influence the large bandwidth available on your cable.

If this is the case please explain the convergence of many to produce such a drop? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi notnamedFred, 

Thanks for coming back to Nicola on this via private message Smiley Happy

In order to help you further we need to pass Data Protection with you and in order to do that you need to confirm the information requested by Nic via PM so it's not posted on the open Community. 

We're not able to pass Data Protection using your IP address. We use this to locate your account to run diagnostics however anything further, security needs to be passed first. 

I can see since Nic sent you the message, you have since disabled the private message function. In order to support you further with this you'll need to enable the option and reply to the PM sent by Nic with the requested information. 

If you're unhappy at providing these details then you'll need to give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 instead. They can go through security with you there instead.

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
notnamedFred
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but I have not disabled anything, or at least I do not know that I have disabled anything, I haven't altered anything, honest.

I am a little concerned about giving my name and address out to a unknown person albeit that they have a virgin symbol by the side of their red name? And this time last year or there abouts you didn't ask for it then?

I will PM it to you now its asked in the open, I am used to preaching to my 10YO grandson about giving info out. 

0 Kudos
notnamedFred
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

just a bit of pressure ramping i'm afraid.

19:20 into Naaldwijk Holland

ping: 27ms

down: 13.14mbps

up:12.42

19:25 in Wolverhampton area 04, my area and within 5 miles

ping:15ms

down 14.87mbps

up: 12.05

I am on wireless at the moment but I didn't realise it was all the way to wolves

0 Kudos