Menu
neilone
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

getting a refund

I am in area 03 croydon and paying for 70 mb and normally getting less than 3 in the evenings   -  even in the morning its about 20 at best  

Numerous calls to VM but all they have said its too many people trying to use it at the same time.      I'm quite deaf so may have missed something they said. 

How do I escalate this so that at least I can get a refund ?    I've been reluctant to change to another provider as I expect that the same will happen.  

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: getting a refund

@Bartman007

You've been summoned to explain CISAS!

in the mean time, you can get a loss of service credit which is based on your package (roughly £6 or so for yours) by ringing up and asking for the loss
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

neilone
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply.    I assume its the billing department , I've only managed to get through to a tech support person so far.

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't be so sure another provider will have the same issues, with FTTC they have to guarantee a minimum speed or you can leave your contract free of charge, they also don't suffer the same amount of over utilisation that VM do. 

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Shafreya wrote:
@Bartman007

You've been summoned to explain CISAS!

in the mean time, you can get a loss of service credit which is based on your package (roughly £6 or so for yours) by ringing up and asking for the loss

But if neilone is also getting silly speeds in the day:

Quote:

"I am in area 03 croydon and paying for 70 mb and normally getting less than 3 in the evenings   -  even in the morning its about 20 at best"

It must be an underlying problem other than the usual utilisation.

But if neilone want to go that route he has to make an official complaint first with VM and after all avenues have been exhausted and the 8 weeks have elapsed then help from CISAS would be the next step, it can take a long time to get a result, but remember its not resolved until you are happy not when VM are.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello neilone

I am sorry but as you say you do seem to be affected by high peak time area traffic F004822712 review date of 26/04/2017.  I will send you a forum private message to discuss the other matter you raised.

Many thanks, speak soon.

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
neilone
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nicola_C wrote:

Hello neilone

I am sorry but as you say you do seem to be affected by high peak time area traffic F004822712 review date of 26/04/2017.  I will send you a forum private message to discuss the other matter you raised.

Many thanks, speak soon.

What does  "F004822712 review date of 26/04/2017" mean ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It means that's the next point in time that your issue is reviewed by the networks team.

Basically to see how far along they are coming with the fix your area needs. Looking for things like:

Council permissions
Right amount of load planning
Got the parts?
Network engineer schedule

Often the review comes and goes with another review then 3-4 months down the line:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question