Menu
djdaz116
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

extreme slow broadband speed

i am a avid and loyal cable customer, dial up before broadband. i still have a blueyonder email address. i have turned down some good deals to stay with Virgin and i do pay over the odds. But the last few months and getting worse, my broadband speed during a weekend and the evening becomes that slow, it is useless.

I have been conducting speed tests and saving the results for a while. Here is a typical example which is now the norm on most days. i pay for 50mbps speed. On Sunday 11.11.16 @ 15.00 34.6mbps. from 18.00 upto 21.00 my average speed was 2.76mbps, as low at times to 0.08mbps. At 23.20 it was 51.0mbps.

this is becoming a joke and i will now look at other providers after Christmas. Virgin are not interested at all.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: extreme slow broadband speed

Hi djdaz116,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with you speed.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and everything is looking great at the moment. Levels are all good and there are no network faults. I just need a little more information so we can figure out what's going on:-

• Are you connecting wired or wirelessly when testing?
  • Does the issue affect one device or multiple devices?

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
djdaz116
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: extreme slow broadband speed

Josh

Thank you for the reply. I have multiple devices, wired and wireless. The test is done mainly on the wired computer. But the test results are consistent on all devices at the times tested.

Since the last post, I have had the tech team on the phone taking control of my computer, carrying out various changes.

From that I have had a engineer that has came out to the house with no internal fault found. It has been confirmed it is a area problem. The hub (I assume the cabinet in the road) is becoming overloaded at peak times, struggling to cope with the traffic at peak times.

The engineer rang the office and the ironic thing is and is actually laughable. They know of the problem, and until they have enough complaints mad up of 10% of the customers from that hub, a fix will not be assigned. Until then nothing will happen other than, if I keep ringing up I will have credited money back for poor performance. Apparently complaints are upto 6% to date.

I find this disappointing as a valued customer that it is acknowledged that there is a fault, but I have to live with a useless service at peak times, until enough customers also complain. Until then it's tough. And I have to live with Internet speeds on an average less than 2mbps between 6 to 9pm. The offer of credit is not what I want. I want to be supplied reasonable service in line with what I pay for as per my contract.

Regards

Darren
0 Kudos