Menu
beecee471
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

escaping vm

today I finally give up on getting decent broadband speed ( between 4 and 11pm I'm lucky to get 3 meg and paying for 50 (I even upgraded to 100 for 1 day and no better) and their engineer told me network faults in my area would not be fixed until April So it's goodbye VM and hello Now tv, BT or talk talk etc.

The question is, I originally transferred my BT no to VM and I can see nothing in the help regarding getting a PAC code to transfer back to a landline. Anyone manged to get a pac code and transfer OK?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: escaping vm

They legally cannot deny you your PAC code if you ring up and ask.

If you get through to the script readers you may confuse them though
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Eeeps
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: escaping vm

beecee471 wrote:

today I finally give up on getting decent broadband speed ( between 4 and 11pm I'm lucky to get 3 meg and paying for 50 (I even upgraded to 100 for 1 day and no better) and their engineer told me network faults in my area would not be fixed until April So it's goodbye VM and hello Now tv, BT or talk talk etc.

The question is, I originally transferred my BT no to VM and I can see nothing in the help regarding getting a PAC code to transfer back to a landline. Anyone manged to get a pac code and transfer OK?

Hi beecee471,

I moved from VM to Sky about 2 months ago (and wish I'd moved a long time ago).

The process for moving to a new supplier for fixed phone is what is known as 'gaining provider led'.

All you need to do is sign up with your new supplier and tell them your existing supplier (VM) and your existing phone number.

It is important you don't cancel your phone services with VM as they may then release your phone number.

Once your new supplier takes over the phone number the VM phone service will automatically be cancelled - no PAC code required.

For the BB service you will need to manually cancel that since moving from cable to xDSL is a completely different service.

For me I ordered my service with Sky and gave notice on my BB service with VM on the same day. When OR fitted my line two weeks later the VM phone service was cancelled on the same day. I then phoned to confirm the cancellation of both services.

Ian

0 Kudos