Menu
trev23
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

dropped my speed

Hi have on a deal over the last 18 months of broadband 70mbps and talk weekends at £31.47 that's with a £10.. loyalty discount. they have now taken the loyalty discount away, so puts it up to £41.47.

so decided to give them a phone to cancel the phone line, to try and save a bit, spoke to a nice lady who sorted me out, to stay as I am, but give me a £36 credit but still pay the £41 over the year and that in turn works out to £34 per month I was happy with that but when I went back on my account a few days later I noticed that she had dropped my broadband speed to 50mbps have I been had. as you can get the 50mbps for £32 and I don't really need the phone

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: dropped my speed

Any discounts put you on the new tiers 50/100/200 and not the speed boost tiers.

You would of been paying £38 a month with the £36 credit for year (£3 off a month from the £41 price), not £34.

Might be worth contacting them again, to negotiate getting rid of the phone part and just having the 50Mbs Broadband (and any loyalty discount on that) as if you remove the phone part anyway you will go to 50Mbs Broadband anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
trev23
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the advice,  I will get back in touch after I get written confirmation and discard the phone 50mbps is ok for me, she did say she would e-mail me my new contract so I can have a look, but have not received anything yet, do you know if  they send a paper copy out so you can read the small print?

Cheers

0 Kudos
trev23
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok contract did eventually come through that I should  sign but with it saying £34 with 50mbps speed, so had to ring up a third time, this time someone else, who said they have now put me on £34 and for that I get 70mbps speed and talk weekends on the phone, and don't bother signing the contract as everything has gone through OK, so hopefully everything is right, but it's a bit of a devil you talk to different people who can give different contracts for the same deal,anyway now happy for another year

0 Kudos