Menu
dialupisback
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

download speeds of less than 10mps

Hi Im supposed to be on up to 200 but lucky if I get 5 my upload is between 6 and 8 and I've not changed anything can I request a tech support to look at my connection please?
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: download speeds of less than 10mps

How are you testing? Wired? Wireless? On what device? PC/laptop/phone?

0 Kudos
Proteus
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Getting the exact same problem in Liverpool. Have tested on two computers, have disabled wireless and tested only wired, have reset router, have tried speedtest.net to different servers, have used the service status page to test for problems but it just said wait 10 minutes and now i can't test again.

It is definitely an issue down your end. I am unable to call Virgin right now, can you check your end or do anything? Thanks for your time.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AS I dont work for VM, I cant test anything their end, Im just a customer same as you, albeit a long term one.

Liverpool is pretty famous for overutilisation issues with VM... set up a BQM

HERE

Run it for say 24 hrs, and post the result.

Dont forget youll need to make sure your super hub is configured to reply to ICMP echo requests...

BQM.jpg

0 Kudos
dialupisback
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply I am getting the same results testing wireless and wired and across a range of devices it's been like it for weeks now. The connection should be able to handle internet browsing gaming and on demand streaming but it's struggling now whereas a month ago it wasnt
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dialupisback, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know that you've been having slow speeds of less than 10 Mbps. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and I can see some T4 time outs inside the Hubs logs and in order to get this resolved I would like to arrange for one of our engineers to attend and investigate things further for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos