Menu
FSH
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

correct internet speed?

my account states I should be able to receive 50mbps even standing next to router I receive 29 Mbps & 3.18 Mbps upload is this correct ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: correct internet speed?

How are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

If wireless, try wired directly to the hub

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

How are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

If wireless, try wired directly to the hub

0 Kudos
SmithyW7
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'd say that is pretty normal for up to 50MB, weekends mine will occasionally swoop down to 10-15MB (still usable), but during the week I'm at around 24MB down 3MB up with a ping of about 8ms. Very rarely will I get 45MB or more and I'm someone who's online ALOT so I'd know :X 

I know people on the 100MB+ packages that get less than we do so guess we should consider ourselves lucky lol

0 Kudos
FSH
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks for that yes when wired I get 50mbps .On the wifi it's less depending how far away from modem I get .

Cheers

0 Kudos
FSH
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes thank you just put on wired computer & it's 50, drops down on wifi so it's sounds as if we are lucky cheers

SmithyW7 wrote:

I'd say that is pretty normal for up to 50MB, weekends mine will occasionally swoop down to 10-15MB (still usable), but during the week I'm at around 24MB down 3MB up with a ping of about 8ms. Very rarely will I get 45MB or more and I'm someone who's online ALOT so I'd know :X 

I know people on the 100MB+ packages that get less than we do so guess we should consider ourselves lucky lol

0 Kudos