Menu
Raco
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

compensation should be more..

I like many more on this forum are stuck with high utilization area's and get told the fix is so many months away just be to let down and given another date. Throughout my entire contract I have got 1/20th of my 200mb speed during peak hours, When I signed up no one explained that my area was in a high utilization and the funny thing is people on my street are still being signed up. The compensation you give out is a mere £7 a month and just isn't good enough you should not charge people anything while you are fixing your lines. Thank god I only have 3 months left on my contract because as a first time virgin user I have had nothing but trouble (bad speeds,bad customer support) and will leave and never look back.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: compensation should be more..

Hello Raco,

Thanks for getting in touch, hope you're well Smiley Happy

I completely appreciate it's frustrating when you're affected by an area fault, if I could do anything to resolve the fault then I would.

The credit amounts and set depending on the package, this is to ensure everyone receives the correct amount of compensation based on their subscription.

Please accept my apologies for this and let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Raco wrote:

I like many more on this forum are stuck with high utilization area's and get told the fix is so many months away just be to let down and given another date. Throughout my entire contract I have got 1/20th of my 200mb speed during peak hours, When I signed up no one explained that my area was in a high utilization and the funny thing is people on my street are still being signed up. The compensation you give out is a mere £7 a month and just isn't good enough you should not charge people anything while you are fixing your lines. Thank god I only have 3 months left on my contract because as a first time virgin user I have had nothing but trouble (bad speeds,bad customer support) and will leave and never look back.

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Heather_J wrote:

I completely appreciate it's frustrating when you're affected by an area fault, if I could do anything to resolve the fault then I would.

I appreciate you cant resolve the fault, but why not give more information regarding each individual fault instead of the same regurgitated rubbish for each fault.  Also I have spoken to support via the phone and they insisted the network team only give you a review date an no other info which if true i think is disgusting and inturn is treating each customer linked to peak time utilisation like idiots!

ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Join the club.
I've gone from slow internet to NO internet. Its been off now since 7pm and the good old Status Page says... No known issues. Using 3g at the moment, even the test hangs at 99 percent and says try again in ten minutes.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018
0 Kudos