Menu
KevLoopy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

check Service Status not telling the truth

Now nearing the end of my third month putting up with super slow speeds of up to 0.5 to 3 MB (should be 50 MB) 

Customer services in so many words have put this down to oversubscribing and this will be going on until the end of the month but will not guarantee this will be fixed in December or even next year.

So can Virgin Media explain to me when i run a Check Service Status test recommended by yourselves it never ever mentions what the fault is it just says the below all the time.

"We're trying to sort it out for you

In about 10 minutes we should have finished, so take a break and then restart your equipment and check to see if all is well. If there's still a problem, please get in touch with us"

It should say 
Sorry but your speeds are appalling, we cannot give you what you pay for and your peak speeds will be as little as 0.5 MB on a good day . We will still be taking your money at the end of the month because that's the type of Company we are,

Are you going to answer this Virgin Media?

J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: check Service Status not telling the truth

Over subscribing is not classed as a fault sadly, the network is running ok just to many folks are using the service, a bit like the m25 having no roadworks (ok I'm dreaming a bit here) but it's still chockablock
KevLoopy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: check Service Status not telling the truth

Yes true i can see what you mean about it not being a fault  but when VM jam in as many users as they can there will only be one result, a clogged up network with only a trickle coming out the other end. 

They do not mention anything on the Check service status because they want to keep charging you full whack for the pathetic peak time speeds they are providing

Virgin Media should mention the true reason for slow broadband on there check service status and pay compensation to all those effected

0 Kudos