Menu
doublea1210
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

broadband spped

i still have very poor speed in the evening, apparently over utilisation in my area. the date for having this looked at has been changed again to the 14th dec, and i  imagine it will be changed again. I  am paying quite  bit for the internet and at night it is unusable if all the family is online. to be honest i have never achieved anywhere near the speeds i pay. 

I don`t expect to get 100 mbps but getting just 5 or 6 on a night, last week i got just over 1..... is not on. where do i stand in cancelling my contract without penalty as i did not expect to get such poor internet speed when i signed up. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband spped

Hi doublea1210, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your broadband Smiley Sad 

I understand it's frustrating having faults go on as long as they at times but the work required is very complex. 

It has to go through an investigation stage where we look at what work is needed, planning where we look at how to resolve things. This is the stage that usually takes the longest. We may need to repull cables, lay new ones, move a cabinet or even replace a cabinet. All of this work means we need permits from the relevant authorities. 

Once the planning is done, we need to look at costing. If the cost is to much then we need to go back to the start with planning. More often than not, the permits given are for certain times / dates to so this also needs to be factored in as well as then scheduling the work to be completed once everything is approved. 

As it stands, to cancel you would need to give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. They can take your notice and go through the disconnection process. 

Obviously we would hate to lose you over this but we do understand you need to do what's right for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos