Menu
dave2067uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

broadband speed

Hi just got upgraded from 100mb to 200mb aprox 3 days ago speed tests i am getting are wired 94.51mb and wireless sat next to rooter 50.26 rang tech support and they did tests and sent settings but got no increase in speed after about 20 mins she said she had checked and the speed would increase tomorrow if not to ring them back anybody know how to sort this out.

thanks dave

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband speed

Sometimes a re-boot of the Superhub will allow a new config to settle in.

click on http://192.168.0.1/ and without logging in..click on 'check router status'.. copy and paste your current upload and download allowance speeds.

0 Kudos
dave2067uk
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

downstream

SFID3354
Max Traffic Rate230000000

upstream

SFID3353
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well your downstream speed is 230mbps  your upload hasn't shown.

That tells us your config from Virgin is set for 200mbps download speed.  What is the ethernet card you have in your equipment ie (laptop PC)?

You need a 10/100/1000 gigabite card to receive speeds above 100mbps.

You can check it and see how it's set by going into device manager and properties of the card.

Some older equipment has only a 10/100 ethernet card installed and so can't get speeds above 100mbps, if that is

the case then you need to replace it with a new gigabite card in order to get the higher speeds.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear your having speed issues.

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and I can see an issue with your signal levels that's likely affecting your speed. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange a technician visit.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos