Menu
GailN123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

broadband slowdown

Hi broadband is slowing down to a crawl in the evenings ,area 20 .Service status mentions a problem with windows 10(which i don't use).Is anyone else having this issue ? ,im on the 100 mb package.Capture.JPG

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: broadband slowdown

Hi there GailN123

improving bandwidth and performance networks can take over 18 mouths with virgin media ring up and get a discount with your reference number F004366467

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos

All Replies
DoItWithV
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am also in area 20. my post here >> http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Over-Utilisation-Contention-Area-20/m-p/3287409#M140832

Over Utilization, if it's anything like some areas before, a review date could be months of and that isn't a fix date. Fix date could be months after that. I do think it's coming to the time to call it a day. My next door neighbour on sky is getting more than 10 times the speed i get on virgin at peak times.

0 Kudos
DoItWithV
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there GailN123,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've taken a look at your connection, and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing these slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004366467 and has a review date of 10th May.

I will pass this across to one of my colleagues who will be in touch with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
GailN123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sso going off that information ,i will only be getting half of what i pay for.Who do i complain to to see about a discount ,bearing in mind i don't have virgin phone.Can it be done via the website?.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there GailN123

improving bandwidth and performance networks can take over 18 mouths with virgin media ring up and get a discount with your reference number F004366467

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
GailN123
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I just find it strange that the speeds seem to slow at the same time everyday.Usually at weekends during the day the speeds are ok ,so i don't know if i should believe it's down to over utilization,or if speeds are being throttled to allow for more customers.It seems to have been worse since i had the phone and tv package disconnected.

0 Kudos