Menu
chrispb
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

broadband downgraded to 50mb

Thought I'd upgrade to a new tivo to replace my ancient SD V box, now I find my broadband has been reduced from 70 to 50mb!

I wasn't warned this would be classed as a new contract  and would reduce my broadband speed- as far as I was concerned 70mb was a permanent upgrade. My TV package is still the same.

To be fair I'm getting a loyalty discount  but I'm still a little annoyed, especially when it proudly stated 'your speed boost to 50mb is complete' err right I was getting 70mb!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband downgraded to 50mb

It's your discount that requires you to be re-contracted and new contracts can only be written with the current product range. 70Mb is not part of the current product range.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrispb

Welcome to the forums and thanks for popping by with the broadband speed package query.

My apologies that when you made the package change you were not advised that the 70Mb existing customer benefit tier would no longer then be applicable to you.

If you are re-contracting or accepting a new deal you are usually taking on board a new discount to go with this. We are unable to provide the speed boost and the new discount to customers.

If you prefer, you can pop back to the teams via 150 or 0345 454 1111 where they can revert you back to the previous pricing and package and reactivate the 70Mb speeds for you. If this is something you'd like to do with us then please just get in touch Smiley Happy

It does mean that the new discount or offering would then no longer be eligible if you do.

All customers are affected in this way when, re-contracting or making a package change to the main services. 

Keep your eyes peeled though, because for the last few years we've averaged at a speed boost for all customers once every couple of years, so you never know, this might happen again where the eligibility stands for all at some point.

Keep in touch and let us know how this goes.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
steve3961uk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I know what you mean.. 70MB free upgrade for 50MB users then taken away from us unless we pay more money to have it reinstated. Package add on for the £2.99 price hike that says you are also getting extra stuff that you may or may not need as well. I just want the broadband with no mobile apps or netflix or sport etc. Have been looking at alternatives to VM since I am also expecting a price increase for same service in Feb/March like the 4 increases we suffered last year.

0 Kudos