Menu
davidskis1997
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

broadband down in Twickneham

Hi

Our broadband is either extremely slow or completely down for last two weeks. I have called your call centre and I was asked to reset and on second occasion,your agent did something at his end to rectify. It improved for 24 hours but the problem persists. Today I was told by your call centre staff that there is work going on in Twickenham area and internet will be affected till 18th Jan 2017. Is it True? I run a business from home. How I am supposed to work without internet then?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband down in Twickneham

To be quite frank; it is completely against the Terms of Service to run a business of a residential connection so you should watch what you are saying as you are breaking the contract.

Feel free to check out VMs business packages however.

as to the problem, from what you've said it's over utilization which will gut your speeds in peak times. The bad new is January date is only a review date it NOT a fix date. Phone staffs scripts tell them it's a fix date but it is not.

All the phone staff can do is change wireless settings and reboot your router. Things you can do yourself. I would always suggest using a wired connection for everything anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband down in Twickneham

Hi davidskis1997, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with your broadband being down, I apologise for any inconvenience caused. I will do my best to help get this resolved for you.

I have tested your connection from here and your Hub went offline whilst I was testing things from here, I would like to arrange for this to be investigated further by one of our engineers.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos