Menu
Xhaveit
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

**bleep** are these speeds (Area 04)

Has anyone else in the 04 area or around tipton been getting very slow speeds today?

i Pay for 150mb which i rarely ever get, at peak time during the day im probably around 12mb in the mornning and past midnight probably 90-100.

Right now im at 2-3mb and it is impossible to do any kind of gaming or streaming

0 Kudos
Xhaveit
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: **bleep** are these speeds (Area 04)

Quick update, i spoken to VM and there is a connection problem in the tipton area which they have just found but they still need more information so if anyone is having slow speeds in the DY4 area please phone VM and let them know as they need more information on the issue.

0 Kudos
Kizza-1974
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Seems a lot of areas having these issues, probbably due to Virgin over subscribing their services.

0 Kudos
cEvin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i am in AREA 04 ( willenhall ) and i still having a problem with VM.. i am paying for up to 152, but reality is far from that ... if i downladed something in full speed, that wa maybe 5-7 times in 4 years, they still saying that my area needs upgrade or whatever, but nothing is happening.. on my VM account page i still having the perfect new that my area is nearly ready to upgrade to DOCSIS 3.1 and speed up to 200, but the info i have since august 2015 i think and they just still changing the date.. just want to wait till my are will be ready for the DOCSIS 3.1 and up to 200mb, if nothing happens i am finally leaving... frient of mine living about 6 miles from me, got the 100mbs line and he can get constant speed while downloading 10mb + while me, same iso file but from my home it is about 652kb/s.. well..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Evening Xhaveit,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with the broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004070372 and with a review date of 28th December.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
skyjacker
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes very bad in 04 area, WV14 Area, Coseley
http://www.speedtest.net/result/5819634740.png

0 Kudos
debbiejson
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ive been reading some of these replies from VM support..

and they are all replying with pretty much the same answer..

"From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area"

what does this mean .?? does it mean VM have over subscribed an area?

the best ones are the replies from a VM support staff that offer no help whatsoever.. a week after the original post.. surely there is a better service than this??

Paul04
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They are only interested in taking people's money every month. I'm in area 04 Tipton and have put up with low speeds for over 18 months with promises of it being sorted. I had hope as I recently upgraded to the "up to 200" but still get rubbish speeds most of the time, I struggle to stream hd videos, my son struggles to play online on Xbox, the whole service is a joke, and who's laughing..??? Virgin media, laughing at us all taking our money every month, over subscribing the networks... we should all cancel our services, they might take an intrest then!!!!

0 Kudos