Menu
paullongy326
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

bad speed

why am I paying for 200mb package and I only get 30 mb and very bad speed and ping  also when you ring up to speak to some one all you get is put on hold with very bad interference so much you hang up waisting money on mobile has I can only ring during day via mobile  bad phone service bad broadband service why and yes  I HAVE RESTARTED REBOOTED ............. ROUTER  before you ask

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
thelion
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: bad speed

You do know you will get the dreaded have you tested the speed via ethernet cable
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi paullongy326,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've managed to locate your account, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable.

Have you managed to try a speed test through a wired connection at all? If so were the results different?

Another test you can try is when the Super Hub is in modem mode as this will eliminate other devices connected?

Let us know how you get on
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
thelion
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You do know you will get the dreaded have you tested the speed via ethernet cable
paullongy326
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

lol true ,yes rang three times each time put on hold and nothing but very very bad interference so bad you got to hang up maybe a ploy to not answer all the complaints lol
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

is the bad speed dueing 4pm and midnight if its is it is hitting nearly everyone with low speed in that time

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi paullongy326,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've managed to locate your account, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable.

Have you managed to try a speed test through a wired connection at all? If so were the results different?

Another test you can try is when the Super Hub is in modem mode as this will eliminate other devices connected?

Let us know how you get on
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

paullongy326
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i was told it would be sorted hence why i didnt get back here as it was for a small time but heyho its back to being utter rubbish again http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6137399059.png

oh yes yet again and its not in prime time neither this has been happening now for 2 days i pay for 200 mb package but yet again less than 20mb how do virgin keep getting away with this its been up n down more times than Blackpool roller coaster and that's the polite example , look at my account on how many times in the past i have had to complain ,if i say i stop the direct debit or stop payment the first thing you throw at me is your in breach of your contract but yet why the heck are you not in it when you keep stopping providing me speed that i pay you for all you get from virgin is its will be sorted on a day just to be put back another month and another load of spiel ,this is a regular concurrence of how you ring up and complain its got that bad now that i cant even be bothered ringing cause its the same old crap given to you at this rate with all the suggestions you give out and excuses you make for poor service its a wonder i dont work at a call center cause i wont need a screen to read off has i no it by heart due to that many amount of times i have heard it

and i no some one on here from the forum team will promise to look into it great thanks for that but nothing gets done about it or if you do it last a month or if lucky 3 months just to be right back here this is probably the longest i have had with out a problem ,so lets work it out on here 03/11/2016 its now 17/03/2017 wow i got 4 months of usable network (not full speeds but usable 50-75-100-140-off peak and in mornings i have had sometimes full speed )sorry to rub it in everyone but i feel lucky i got 4 months of usable speeds and i no a lot of you don't get that but i doesn't last long ,but i have been with virgin a long time and had broadband of them along time and its happens all the time 4 months has been one of the longest times i have had but yes it all gone now back to usual bad speeds 17 meg (for 200mb broadband only ) i wont entertain phone or tv just cause of bad broadband the only reason i am with virgin is because i can get just broadband and being disabled and relying on broadband for all shopping and paying bills its all i need is a good broadband if bt did just broadband i would be there with in a flash or any other company and trust me if at anytime they do just broadband with out a phone line i would be asking virgin for 30 day notice cause after 8-10 years of up n down service it is a easy decision to make ,virgin for me have that one thing no phone line that is the solely and only reason i am with virgin

so i have had my rant now surprise me virgin forum team PLEASE

here is another speed test for you http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6137451931]
here is one on another browser http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6137454368
thats with a different browser one on firefox one on ie10 edge

this is with another company other than speedtest
uSwitch.com
Broadband
Speed test
Your results

Your speed test results
Postcode
BL4 0QJ
Your download speed
10.7Mb
Your upload speed
16.7Mb
Distance from exchange
1.5 miles

and yes my connection is wired done the modem mode no difference only me on it at moment turned of wireless but thanks for your suggestions i no your trying to help but i be happy if some one there actually told us the truth about why it keeps happening

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread paullongy326,

Really sorry for the continued faults experienced with your connection.

I've had a look at everything from this end and the percentage regarding a high demand for our service in your area is above average, therefore, I have flagged this over with Networks to investigate. More information relating to this should be available soon via Service Status.

In addition to this, your equipment downstream power levels appear to be out of spec and I'd like for one of our field engineers to visit and rectify this for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos