Menu
cooky560
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

area 30 very slow

area 30 should be 50mbs but getting 1 or 2 even now at 6am this is crazy! please sort this out

0 Kudos
blacko
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: area 30 very slow

Sorry to say I wouldn't hold your breath. It appears to be an capacity issue that has been going on since 2015. I have had enough of paying for a 200mb connection which is around 10mb at peak times so have rung up and cancelled this morning and am going elsewhere. If they ever get this sorted I may return. Best of luck!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon cooky560,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm sorry to learn that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The traffic on the network is running low, which is good.

Are you testing through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cooky560
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It seems to have improved since I had a missed call from Virgin Media, so whatever happened, thanks Smiley Tongue

An Aside: I am a computer gamer with a custom made desktop and I don't even have the wireless turned on, however even if I was using wireless that wouldn't cause a drop in connection speed of over 90% and not everyone has ethernet like I do so that advice is flawed at best.

0 Kudos