Menu
flipflop
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

area 14 bradford

Has anyone recieved their free upgrade from 50 to 70 yet ,it used to say it would be ready by the end of november but that's disappeared now, .

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
tubbychris
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: area 14 bradford

I'm area 14 too, been waiting since August 2015 (when the upgrade was announced) but mine is still saying "end of November". But not holding my breath as it has said as late as May 2017 before now!  Fancy having to wait nearly 16 months to be given a speed upgrade!

But my concern at the moment is that it probably won't help, as at the moment i'm getting 3-5mb download speed, been like it all day. Fingers crossed after a good night sleep the system will right itself!

BTW i'm on 100mb service.

All Replies
tubbychris
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm area 14 too, been waiting since August 2015 (when the upgrade was announced) but mine is still saying "end of November". But not holding my breath as it has said as late as May 2017 before now!  Fancy having to wait nearly 16 months to be given a speed upgrade!

But my concern at the moment is that it probably won't help, as at the moment i'm getting 3-5mb download speed, been like it all day. Fingers crossed after a good night sleep the system will right itself!

BTW i'm on 100mb service.

flipflop
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

could you try this https://keepup.virginmedia.com/speedupgrade it says mines been upgraded but still getting 50mg

0 Kudos
flipflop
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

just checked again ,getting beyond a joke now sscc.JPG

0 Kudos
tubbychris
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had never seen that link before. I just logged in to my account (after not being able to last night!) and the banner on account overview was now showing "Your speed boost will be ready by the end of July 2015."  ermmm its November 2016!!

Sooooo... I just put my postcode in on that link you shared and it says "Hold on tight
Your speed boost is ready now!
Register or sign in to My Virgin Media to order your upgrade."

0 Kudos
flipflop
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Capture.JPG

flipflop wrote:

just checked again ,getting beyond a joke now sscc.JPG

now there telling me i've been upgraded to 50meg , only been on that the last four years ,what a joke.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tubbychris

Thanks for getting in touch about the speed boost.

I do apologise that there has been a delay with the roll out of this and I can see that there has been a delay. I have checked and the network shows as ready now when I checked online and we have applied to push this through for you.

You should get the speed boost within the next few days.

Keep us posted if you need anything else from us Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos