Menu
Dudefish
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

YouTube buffering issues?

Over the last few weeks I've experienced severe buffering issues on YouTube. It's affected on both desktop and android devices (smartphone/tv) - is this a known issue or is it perhaps just my connection that is affected?

I've checked upload/download and they're definitely not to blame for these issues. The video player just stops buffering and refuses to continue until I refresh/change quality until it works. Unfortunately this is hindering my ability to view any content, especially live content from Riotgames during their weekly broadcasts (I watch it on the smart TV and there's no twitch app). 

Any info would be appreciated.

Stu

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: YouTube buffering issues?

Hi Dudefish,

Thanks for bumping Smiley Happy it does appear that F004346692 has since been sorted, it looks like it was closed down on Sunday.  Testing the hub and network segment now it appears that everything is spot on.

How is everything running now?

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
valkrye
Joining in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the exact same issue and it is incredibly frustrating.

Only started a few weeks ago but now every video I try and watch on youtube will buffer around 5% of the video before it stops and I have to refresh.

0 Kudos
Dudefish
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Glad I'm not the only one.

I haven't found a workaround yet.. Pretty sure it might be a routing issue again - I remember there was one a year or so ago that a majority of people on the forums had, and it worked the same way in that videos stopped playing or didn't start playing at all.

0 Kudos
Ash1k1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having the same issue, and have been over the last week or so.

Speedtest shows me as still having 100Mb(~106) download with approx 6ms ping. Force refreshing (ctrl+F5) the browser seems to help, sometimes, but it doesn't stop it happening in the first place.

My connection seems stable, which considering my issues over the last year of consistent disconnects at the same time in the evening, is great. I can still download and be online without issue, however streaming content (YouTube mostly) seems to be struggling. Possibly a VM <--> YouTube issue?
0 Kudos
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Mine's working fine(Cardiff area),no buffering issues. Currently playing 1hr mixes on youtube 

Hope it gets sorted out for you all.

0 Kudos
Dudefish
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Would it be possible to hear some correspondence on this issue?

It's playoff brackets this Fri/Sat/Sun and I'd very much like to have friends over to watch it on the TV. I can't invite them over if it doesn't work reliably. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dudefish,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Youtube. This isn't a general issue between us and YT as most connections are working perfectly fine. 

I've checked your connection and can see there is a fault open in the area under ticket F004346692. This is estimated to be closed today at 4pm. Once this fault has cleared let us know how your connection performs and we'll run further checks on everything for you. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Dudefish
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It's still getting stuck on buffering, especially bad on the television where I can't change the quality to try and fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dudefish,

I'm sorry to hear that problems are ongoing.  I've checked and it appears F004346692 is ongoing I'm afraid.  It looks like we're waiting on some external work to be carried out before we can confirm this is sorted.

Keep an eye out over the next few days, give this thread a bump in a few days and we'll be able to check things again.

Kev

0 Kudos
Dudefish
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John and Kev, will do.

I appreciate the responses.

0 Kudos